"Unable to read a portion of this media" on a CDR - Veritas

This is a discussion on "Unable to read a portion of this media" on a CDR - Veritas ; How can I get Backup exec ver 4.2.1 to verify my CD-rīs. I keep getting an error "Unable to read a portion of this media. The recovery process should be run, ... Do you want to recover or repair the ...

  1. "Unable to read a portion of this media" on a CDR

    How can I get Backup exec ver 4.2.1 to verify my CD-rīs. I keep getting an
    error "Unable to read a portion of this media. The recovery process should
    be run, ... Do you want to recover or repair the media now?" Do I have a
    problem with my Drive or what. It writes perfectly, I just canīt get it to
    read past the header of a CD-R. Even on old CD's that I backed up on another
    computer get the same error when I try doing a recovery...

    Bruce.

  2. Re: "Unable to read a portion of this media" on a CDR

    what is the make and model of your cdrw? have you tried another brand of
    CD-R's?

    "Bruce Bundy" wrote:
    >How can I get Backup exec ver 4.2.1 to verify my CD-rīs. I keep getting

    an
    >error "Unable to read a portion of this media. The recovery process should
    >be run, ... Do you want to recover or repair the media now?" Do I have

    >problem with my Drive or what. It writes perfectly, I just canīt get it

    >read past the header of a CD-R. Even on old CD's that I backed up on another
    >computer get the same error when I try doing a recovery...
    >
    >Bruce.

  3. Re: "Unable to read a portion of this media" on a CDR

    We really need to know what Drive you have, how it's connected, what OS you
    have, if it's on the same chain as any other devices, and the error message
    that you are getting.

    Chris

    "Bruce Bundy" wrote in message
    > How can I get Backup exec ver 4.2.1 to verify my CD-rīs. I keep getting

    an
    > error "Unable to read a portion of this media. The recovery process

    should
    > be run, ... Do you want to recover or repair the media now?" Do I have a
    > problem with my Drive or what. It writes perfectly, I just canīt get it

    > read past the header of a CD-R. Even on old CD's that I backed up on

    another
    > computer get the same error when I try doing a recovery...
    >
    > Bruce.

+ Reply to Thread