Disaster Recovery - Cannot create files - Veritas

This is a discussion on Disaster Recovery - Cannot create files - Veritas ; I am trying to use Backup Exec 4.2 Disaster Recovery floppies to restore a full backup (from Zip disks) onto a new disk drive. I'm pretty sure the backup is good; I already used it to restore to the original ...

  1. Disaster Recovery - Cannot create files

    I am trying to use Backup Exec 4.2 Disaster Recovery floppies to
    restore a full backup (from Zip disks) onto a new disk drive.
    I'm pretty sure the backup is good; I already used it to restore
    to the original disk drive. However, I have added a differential
    backup since then to the last Zip disk.

    On the new hard drive, files from the first seven Zip disks
    seemed to load fine. Part way through the eighth (last) Zip
    disk, I got a message:

    Could not create file C:\windows\system\kernel32.dll

    The next six or so files (also Windows System files) produced