error message received - Veritas

This is a discussion on error message received - Veritas ; I am using Seagate Backup for Windows version 5.1.3 on a W95 computer. The backup starts and I get the following error message: An unrecoverable error occurred accessing the drive or cartridge. Unexpected cartridge removal detected.. The cartridge has not ...

  1. error message received

    I am using Seagate Backup for Windows version 5.1.3 on a W95 computer. The
    backup starts and I get the following error message:

    An unrecoverable error occurred accessing the drive or cartridge. Unexpected
    cartridge removal detected..

    The cartridge has not been removed, it is still in the drive. I tried reloading
    the software but still came up with the same error message. It does not
    matter whether or not I schedule a backup at a specific time or try to backup
    the hard drive now, I still get the message above.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Rick Meyer

  2. Re: error message received

    The problem could be that v5.1.3 is not even Year 2000 compliant. I would
    start by upgrading the software to the current version which is VERITAS Backup
    Exec Desktop Pro v4.5

    "Rick Meyer" wrote:

    >I am using Seagate Backup for Windows version 5.1.3 on a W95 computer.

    The
    >backup starts and I get the following error message:
    >
    >An unrecoverable error occurred accessing the drive or cartridge. Unexpected
    >cartridge removal detected..
    >
    >The cartridge has not been removed, it is still in the drive. I tried reloading
    >the software but still came up with the same error message. It does not
    >matter whether or not I schedule a backup at a specific time or try to backup
    >the hard drive now, I still get the message above.
    >
    >Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Rick Meyer

+ Reply to Thread