backup for laptop - Veritas

This is a discussion on backup for laptop - Veritas ; Hi, purchased backup exec with the idea of using it on laptop with adaptec 1480A slim SCSI PCMCIA, and 2 GB JAZ. run recovery wizard and asks me to select adaptec interface. THe 1480 is not in list and neither ...

  1. backup for laptop

    Hi,
    purchased backup exec with the idea of using it on laptop with
    adaptec 1480A slim SCSI PCMCIA, and 2 GB JAZ.

    run recovery wizard and asks me to select adaptec interface. THe
    1480 is not in list and neither is "other". Other, as the
    instructions say will allow me to provide other adapters.

    after all this, testing the recovery, it tries to assign a drive
    letter to JAZ, but gives up because there is no DOS drive for 1480.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: backup for laptop

    for starters, i know backup exec does not support Disaster Recovery with PCMCIA
    SCSI cards and it does not support the Iomega Jazz 2gb drive. that is probably
    what the problem is.

    "Steven L. Bailey" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >purchased backup exec with the idea of using it on laptop with
    >adaptec 1480A slim SCSI PCMCIA, and 2 GB JAZ.
    >
    >run recovery wizard and asks me to select adaptec interface. THe
    >1480 is not in list and neither is "other". Other, as the
    >instructions say will allow me to provide other adapters.
    >
    >after all this, testing the recovery, it tries to assign a drive
    >letter to JAZ, but gives up because there is no DOS drive for 1480.
    >
    >Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread