Backup Exec 4.5 won't detect parallel port Aiwa Bolt drive - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 4.5 won't detect parallel port Aiwa Bolt drive - Veritas ; Help! I have been using Seagate Backup Exec 2.1 for several years on my Pentium 100 with Win95. I just purchased a new PC (with WinMe) and ordered the latest version of Backup Exec, 4.5. I can't get the system ...

  1. Backup Exec 4.5 won't detect parallel port Aiwa Bolt drive

    Help! I have been using Seagate Backup Exec 2.1 for several years on my Pentium
    100 with Win95. I just purchased a new PC (with WinMe) and ordered the latest
    version of Backup Exec, 4.5. I can't get the system to recognize the tape
    drive. It is plugged in to the port and is turned on before I boot the system.
    Anyone have an idea as to how I can get the device to be recognized by the
    system?

    I didn't have the drive plugged in or turned on when I installed the software.
    Could this be the problem?

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Also, why doesn't the program show "Recovery Disks" on the Tools menu? I
    understand that Me doesn't support real-mode DOS but Norton SystemWorks 2001
    successfully created rescue disks (which work when booting from the floppies).

    Harley

  2. Re: Backup Exec 4.5 won't detect parallel port Aiwa Bolt drive

    Nevermind my question about the recovery disks. I found another thread that
    said I need the Pro version to get that option.

    "Harley Linker" wrote:

    >Help! I have been using Seagate Backup Exec 2.1 for several years on my

    Pentium
    >100 with Win95. I just purchased a new PC (with WinMe) and ordered the

    latest
    >version of Backup Exec, 4.5. I can't get the system to recognize the tape
    >drive. It is plugged in to the port and is turned on before I boot the

    system.
    > Anyone have an idea as to how I can get the device to be recognized by

    the
    >system?
    >
    >I didn't have the drive plugged in or turned on when I installed the software.
    > Could this be the problem?
    >
    >Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Also, why doesn't the program show "Recovery Disks" on the Tools menu?

    >understand that Me doesn't support real-mode DOS but Norton SystemWorks

    2001
    >successfully created rescue disks (which work when booting from the floppies).
    >

    >Harley

+ Reply to Thread