Backup Exec Desktop V.4.5--No Disaster Recovery? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Desktop V.4.5--No Disaster Recovery? - Veritas ; Can't find "create disaster recovery disks" routine in the new 4.5 version of Backup Exec Desktop (running under Windows ME). Help menu says this routine is located under "Tools" / "Recovery Wizard". However, there is no "Recovery Wizard" under "Tools", ...

  1. Backup Exec Desktop V.4.5--No Disaster Recovery?

    Can't find "create disaster recovery disks" routine in the new 4.5 version
    of Backup Exec Desktop (running under Windows ME).

    Help menu says this routine is located under "Tools" / "Recovery Wizard".
    However, there is no "Recovery Wizard" under "Tools", only "Restore Wizard"
    which does not offer any "create disaster recovery diskettes".
    Looks like this help info was written for version 4 of BUE (for Windows 98).

    My recovery disks created under version 4 of BackUp Exec Desktop still work,
    but I would like to be able to create new disks.

    I looked in both the Backup folder and the installation CD and couldn't find
    any "exe" for the disaster recovery (DR) routine.

  2. Re: Backup Exec Desktop V.4.5--No Disaster Recovery?

    You need to get VERITAS Backup Exec Desktop Pro. The regular VERITAS Backup
    Exec Desktop does not contain the Disaster Recovery feature.

    "David Wiener" david_wiener.und.nodak.edu wrote:

    >Can't find "create disaster recovery disks" routine in the new 4.5 version
    >of Backup Exec Desktop (running under Windows ME).
    >
    >Help menu says this routine is located under "Tools" / "Recovery Wizard".
    > However, there is no "Recovery Wizard" under "Tools", only "Restore Wizard"
    >which does not offer any "create disaster recovery diskettes".
    >Looks like this help info was written for version 4 of BUE (for Windows

    98).

    >My recovery disks created under version 4 of BackUp Exec Desktop still work,
    >but I would like to be able to create new disks.
    >
    >I looked in both the Backup folder and the installation CD and couldn't

    find
    >any "exe" for the disaster recovery (DR) routine.

+ Reply to Thread