Can I use a HD to back up data to? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Can I use a HD to back up data to? - Veritas ; I need to back up the data over to a hard drive. Can this be done and what version of this product might allow me to do so? Thanks IB...

  1. Can I use a HD to back up data to?

    I need to back up the data over to a hard drive.
    Can this be done and what version of this product
    might allow me to do so?

    Thanks

    IB

  2. Re: Can I use a HD to back up data to?

    backup to hard drive is an option in Backup Exec Desktop Pro but there are
    some limitations. you cannot do Disaster Recovery and there is a limit to
    how much you can backup in one job, depending on your file structure.
    if you have FAT16, the backup file you create can only be 2GB,
    and for FAT32 - 4gb

    i still suggest you use a backup device such as a tape drive or a CD-RW drive

    "ibsystems" wrote:

    >I need to back up the data over to a hard drive.
    >Can this be done and what version of this product
    >might allow me to do so?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >IB

  3. Re: Can I use a HD to back up data to?

    IB,
    Try Drive Image 4 by Powerquest.
    ---- Jim

+ Reply to Thread