Drive recovery??? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Drive recovery??? - Veritas ; Hello ) Would you guys and ladies say this would be the best program to make a HD recovery set?? or should I be looking some where else?. I'm interested in a back up system. but also need a very ...

  1. Drive recovery???

    Hello )
    Would you guys and ladies say this would be the best program to make a HD
    recovery set?? or should I be looking some where else?. I'm interested in a
    back up system. but also need a very good HD recovery set.

    Any ideas ??

    Thanks

  2. Re: Drive recovery???

    "***Ф***Oscar" wrote:
    >Hello )
    >Would you guys and ladies say this would be the best program to make a HD
    >recovery set?? or should I be looking some where else?. I'm interested in

    >back up system. but also need a very good HD recovery set.
    >
    >Any ideas ??
    >Hello Oscar; Three days ago, while uninstalling GoBack, I had a disastor.

    Could not boot, even using emergency boot disk.
    Got to DOS prompt but dir indicated no files.
    GoBack was partially uninstalled and no help.
    My just completed first draft of my novel was on the ruined drive.
    Now to the good part.
    I had a full system backup of my approx 1.4 gig C on two CDRW.
    I had two recent increments on a CD-R.
    I had a minimum windows backup on a CD-R
    I had two tested BAckup Exec emergency floppies.
    I had my first draft backed up on a CD-R.
    Using Backup Exec Desktop 98 version 3.0 retail, I was restored in three
    hours.
    I lost two inconsequential e-mail copies.
    This is the second time Backup Exec has done a crucial full restore for me.
    I would now trade the farm to keep Backup Exec.
    I also am impressed by Drive Image.
    I am a believer in backup to CDs for my relatively small hard drive, 5 G.
    Nothing like the real McCoy to convince me, Backup exec is great.
    Do check out image programs also,
    P.s I have also used Backup Exec full backups to recover missing DLLs, and
    successfully.
    This may be the wrong forum, but I thought this might be helpful.
    Best of luck (I've had some) Frank

    I had the minimum
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread