Where are instructions for using CD-RW? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Where are instructions for using CD-RW? - Veritas ; I just downloaded the trial version of Backup Exec 8.5 for Windows 2000. I can't figure out how to use this with my Plextor 12/10/32a CD-RW drive. I looked through BeAdmin.pdf but I couldn't find any metion of CD-RW drives. ...

  1. Where are instructions for using CD-RW?

    I just downloaded the trial version of Backup Exec 8.5 for Windows 2000. I
    can't figure out how to use this with my Plextor 12/10/32a CD-RW drive. I
    looked through BeAdmin.pdf but I couldn't find any metion of CD-RW drives. I
    tried searching through the Veritas support website.

    Can someon pleaes point me to instructions on how to setup Backup Exect to
    use CD-R and CD-RW drives.

    Thanks,
    Ed Lee

  2. Re: Where are instructions for using CD-RW?

    select the drive as the backup device with an unformatted disk mounted and
    start.

    "Edward Lee" wrote in message news:39e8e465@hronntp01....
    > I just downloaded the trial version of Backup Exec 8.5 for Windows 2000. I
    > can't figure out how to use this with my Plextor 12/10/32a CD-RW drive. I
    > looked through BeAdmin.pdf but I couldn't find any metion of CD-RW drives.

    > tried searching through the Veritas support website.
    >
    > Can someon pleaes point me to instructions on how to setup Backup Exect to
    > use CD-R and CD-RW drives.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ed Lee

  3. Re: Where are instructions for using CD-RW?

    I don't see anyplace where I can select the drive though My only choices are
    "all drives" and "shared storage drives." When I choose "all drive", I get a
    message saying that "the drive pool is either emply or does not contain any
    drives ..."

    Any others thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks,
    Ed Lee

    > select the drive as the backup device with an unformatted disk mounted and
    > start.
    >
    > "Edward Lee" wrote in message news:39e8e465@hronntp01....
    > > I just downloaded the trial version of Backup Exec 8.5 for Windows 2000.

    > > can't figure out how to use this with my Plextor 12/10/32a CD-RW drive.

    > > looked through BeAdmin.pdf but I couldn't find any metion of CD-RW

    drives.
    > > tried searching through the Veritas support website.
    > >
    > > Can someon pleaes point me to instructions on how to setup Backup Exect

    > > use CD-R and CD-RW drives.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Ed Lee

  4. Re: Where are instructions for using CD-RW?

    i dont know if version 8.5 of Backup Exec supports the Plextor 12/10/32a CD-RW
    drive, but it is listed as supported with the Desktop Product - v4.5 Backup
    Exec Desktop Pro. Sounds like you may be using the wrong version of the
    software for you backup device.

    "Edward Lee" wrote:
    >I don't see anyplace where I can select the drive though My only choices

    are
    >"all drives" and "shared storage drives." When I choose "all drive", I get

    >message saying that "the drive pool is either emply or does not contain

    any
    >drives ..."
    >
    >Any others thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks,
    >Ed Lee
    >
    >> select the drive as the backup device with an unformatted disk mounted

    and
    >> start.
    >>
    >> "Edward Lee" wrote in message news:39e8e465@hronntp01....
    >> > I just downloaded the trial version of Backup Exec 8.5 for Windows 2000.

    >> > can't figure out how to use this with my Plextor 12/10/32a CD-RW drive.

    >> > looked through BeAdmin.pdf but I couldn't find any metion of CD-RW

    >drives.
    >> > tried searching through the Veritas support website.
    >> >
    >> > Can someon pleaes point me to instructions on how to setup Backup Exect

    >> > use CD-R and CD-RW drives.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Ed Lee

  5. Re: Where are instructions for using CD-RW?

    Backup Exec's drive support sucks big time! I just bought a copy of
    Desktop Exec only to find it doesn't find my Toshiba SD-R1002 CD-RW
    drive.

    Try Dantz Retrospect instead. It found my drive no problem. You can
    download an eval from their site - www.dantz.com

    magnum wrote:

    > i dont know if version 8.5 of Backup Exec supports the Plextor 12/10/32a CD-RW
    > drive, but it is listed as supported with the Desktop Product - v4.5 Backup
    > Exec Desktop Pro. Sounds like you may be using the wrong version of the
    > software for you backup device.
    >
    > "Edward Lee" wrote:
    > >I don't see anyplace where I can select the drive though My only choices

    > are
    > >"all drives" and "shared storage drives." When I choose "all drive", I get

    > >message saying that "the drive pool is either emply or does not contain

    > any
    > >drives ..."
    > >
    > >Any others thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks,
    > >Ed Lee
    > >
    > >> select the drive as the backup device with an unformatted disk mounted

    > and
    > >> start.

    > >drives.

+ Reply to Thread