Re: Strong Encryption for Backup Exec Desktop - Veritas

This is a discussion on Re: Strong Encryption for Backup Exec Desktop - Veritas ; It sounds interesting and useful to me as encryption isn't provided by the Veritas product. I am curious as to how your program would get between BE and the tape drive. Mike "Siouxie" wrote: > >Hi, >I wrote an application ...

  1. Re: Strong Encryption for Backup Exec Desktop

    "Siouxie" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I wrote an application that enables strong encryption for your backups using
    >Backup Exec Desktop (any version). The encryption/decryption process is

    transparent.
    >More information on the encryption method that is used can be found on:

    >http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/aes/
    >Rijndael, Serpent, and Twofish are implented.
    >Tell me what you think, as I havent received a reply from Veritas yet.

  2. Re: Strong Encryption for Backup Exec Desktop

    >I am curious as to how your program would get between BE and
    >the tape drive.

    ... with a kernel-driver (winnt/2000) and a vxd (win9x) that filter all requests
    to the veritas backupexec drivers.

+ Reply to Thread