Very slow backup - Veritas

This is a discussion on Very slow backup - Veritas ; I'm using Backup Exec 4.2 to backup my laptop to an HP DDS3 DAT drive. The backup phase seem to take a very long time and I've noticed it sitting there not seeming to be writing to the tape (or ...

  1. Very slow backup

    I'm using Backup Exec 4.2 to backup my laptop to an HP DDS3 DAT drive. The
    backup phase seem to take a very long time and I've noticed it sitting there
    not seeming to be writing to the tape (or even changing the number of files
    backed up). The comparephase seems to be much faster: an incremental backup
    of 881MB/4000 files takes 70 minutes while the compare phase takes under
    20 minutes.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Very slow backup

    are you closing down all the background tasks? if not, do a CTRL-ALT-DELETE
    and end task all background applications except SYSTRAY and EXPLORER. then,
    retry your backup.

    "Mike Blake-Knox" wrote:

    >I'm using Backup Exec 4.2 to backup my laptop to an HP DDS3 DAT drive.

    The
    >backup phase seem to take a very long time and I've noticed it sitting there
    >not seeming to be writing to the tape (or even changing the number of files
    >backed up). The comparephase seems to be much faster: an incremental backup
    >of 881MB/4000 files takes 70 minutes while the compare phase takes under
    >20 minutes.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread