Version 4.2.1 and Dell problems - Veritas

This is a discussion on Version 4.2.1 and Dell problems - Veritas ; I purchased a new Dell Dimension 4100 and a Seagate Tapestor 20GB tape drive for a client. I installed the Backup Exec ver 4.2.1 that came with the drive. Every time I try to run a backup I get the ...

  1. Version 4.2.1 and Dell problems

    I purchased a new Dell Dimension 4100 and a Seagate Tapestor 20GB tape drive
    for a client. I installed the Backup Exec ver 4.2.1 that came with the drive.
    Every time I try to run a backup I get the message - Disk Write Error.
    Unable to write to drive C: Data files may be lost. After clicking OK the
    backup continues. I have disabled power management, tsr's and everything
    I can think of. I would also like to backup other drives on the peer to peer
    network (as the Seagate salesman said this would). Does anyone have any
    suggestions?

  2. Re: Version 4.2.1 and Dell problems

    are the network drives mapped? if not, make sure you map the drives and try
    to backup again.

    "Steve Fleming" wrote:

    >I purchased a new Dell Dimension 4100 and a Seagate Tapestor 20GB tape drive
    >for a client. I installed the Backup Exec ver 4.2.1 that came with the

    drive.
    > Every time I try to run a backup I get the message - Disk Write Error.

    >Unable to write to drive C: Data files may be lost. After clicking OK the
    >backup continues. I have disabled power management, tsr's and everything
    >I can think of. I would also like to backup other drives on the peer to

    peer
    >network (as the Seagate salesman said this would). Does anyone have any
    >suggestions?

  3. Re: Version 4.2.1 and Dell problems

    I have mapped all drives. I found a message from Seagate that with the Dell
    machines the hard drive needs to be formatted with a Dell disc overlay. I
    hope I don't have to reformat the hard drive. Any other ideas??

    "magnum" wrote:

    >are the network drives mapped? if not, make sure you map the drives and

    try
    >to backup again.
    >
    >"Steve Fleming" wrote:
    >>
    >>I purchased a new Dell Dimension 4100 and a Seagate Tapestor 20GB tape

    drive
    >>for a client. I installed the Backup Exec ver 4.2.1 that came with the

    >drive.
    >> Every time I try to run a backup I get the message - Disk Write Error.

    >>Unable to write to drive C: Data files may be lost. After clicking OK

    the
    >>backup continues. I have disabled power management, tsr's and everything
    >>I can think of. I would also like to backup other drives on the peer to

    >peer
    >>network (as the Seagate salesman said this would). Does anyone have any
    >>suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread