Help with Fujitsu MO - Veritas

This is a discussion on Help with Fujitsu MO - Veritas ; I have been using Backup Exec 4.2 for win95/98 for several months now without needing to backup (thank heaven!). I used a spare drive and needed to install windows on it. I used the bootup diskettes and ran the restore. ...

  1. Help with Fujitsu MO

    I have been using Backup Exec 4.2 for win95/98 for several months now
    without needing to backup (thank heaven!). I used a spare drive and needed
    to install windows on it. I used the bootup diskettes and ran the restore.
    I received errors that certain files were not correct. I formatted the Fujitsu
    MO media under windows, started Backup Exec > media format > media initialise.
    I then started a backup of C:\. Upon compare there were many, many files
    listed in
    the report that stated:

    ERROR: C:\ Program FIles\Common Files\Real .... has corrupted data on the
    backup media.
    file header not found on media [4872 1308]

    Needless to say if the data is correct as the programs run on the hard drive
    why are they
    no longer correct on the backup. Why is the file header not being found on
    the media?
    Scandisk says the removeable media and the hard drive are o.k.
    I even used another set of known good media diskettes with the same results.
    WHAT is going on????
    I am having a hard time feeling good about backup data that is not reliable
    and I may need
    at the 11th hour. Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks....

  2. Re: Help with Fujitsu MO

    what model Fujitsu drive are you using? is it a supported drive?

    "Steve" wrote:

    >I have been using Backup Exec 4.2 for win95/98 for several months now
    >without needing to backup (thank heaven!). I used a spare drive and needed
    >to install windows on it. I used the bootup diskettes and ran the restore.
    >I received errors that certain files were not correct. I formatted the Fujitsu
    >MO media under windows, started Backup Exec > media format > media initialise.
    >I then started a backup of C:\. Upon compare there were many, many files
    >listed in
    >the report that stated:
    >
    >ERROR: C:\ Program FIles\Common Files\Real .... has corrupted data on the
    >backup media.
    >file header not found on media [4872 1308]
    >
    >Needless to say if the data is correct as the programs run on the hard drive
    >why are they
    >no longer correct on the backup. Why is the file header not being found

    on
    >the media?
    >Scandisk says the removeable media and the hard drive are o.k.
    >I even used another set of known good media diskettes with the same results.
    >WHAT is going on????
    >I am having a hard time feeling good about backup data that is not reliable
    >and I may need
    >at the 11th hour. Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks....

  3. Re: Help with Fujitsu MO

    "rerun" wrote:

    >what model Fujitsu drive are you using? is it a supported drive?
    >
    >"Steve" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have been using Backup Exec 4.2 for win95/98 for several months now
    >>without needing to backup (thank heaven!). I used a spare drive and needed
    >>to install windows on it. I used the bootup diskettes and ran the restore.
    >>I received errors that certain files were not correct. I formatted the

    Fujitsu
    >>MO media under windows, started Backup Exec > media format > media initialise.
    >>I then started a backup of C:\. Upon compare there were many, many files
    >>listed in
    >>the report that stated:
    >>
    >>ERROR: C:\ Program FIles\Common Files\Real .... has corrupted data on the
    >>backup media.
    >>file header not found on media [4872 1308]
    >>
    >>Needless to say if the data is correct as the programs run on the hard

    drive
    >>why are they
    >>no longer correct on the backup. Why is the file header not being found

    >on
    >>the media?
    >>Scandisk says the removeable media and the hard drive are o.k.
    >>I even used another set of known good media diskettes with the same results.
    >>WHAT is going on????
    >>I am having a hard time feeling good about backup data that is not reliable
    >>and I may need
    >>at the 11th hour. Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks....

+ Reply to Thread