Problem with Backpack cd-rewriter - Veritas

This is a discussion on Problem with Backpack cd-rewriter - Veritas ; Today, for the first time, I did a disaster recovery backup with my Veritas software and Micro-Solutions backpack cd-rewriter (190130). I followed the instructions in setting up the boot disks. They have the required bpaspi.sys file and the correct line ...

  1. Problem with Backpack cd-rewriter

    Today, for the first time, I did a disaster recovery backup with my Veritas
    software and Micro-Solutions backpack cd-rewriter (190130). I followed the
    instructions in setting up the boot disks. They have the required bpaspi.sys
    file and the correct line in the config.sys file. When testing the backup,
    the fresh book (using the bootup disk) works fine until it reaches the device=bpaspi.sys
    line. Then the screen lists this sys file and its version of 3.0. But the
    computer then stops, never coming to a DOS screen. Any ideas? Thanks.

  2. Re: Problem with Backpack cd-rewriter

    where in the config.sys do you have the line "device=bpaspi.sys"?
    it should be the last line in the config.sys
    also, if that fails, try modifying the line to read:
    "device=bpaspi.sys inq=0"
    this will turn off the backpack inquiry string

    "Michael G" wrote:

    >Today, for the first time, I did a disaster recovery backup with my Veritas
    >software and Micro-Solutions backpack cd-rewriter (190130). I followed

    the
    >instructions in setting up the boot disks. They have the required bpaspi.sys
    >file and the correct line in the config.sys file. When testing the backup,
    >the fresh book (using the bootup disk) works fine until it reaches the device=bpaspi.sys
    >line. Then the screen lists this sys file and its version of 3.0. But

    the
    >computer then stops, never coming to a DOS screen. Any ideas? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread