Question re: emergency full restore - Veritas

This is a discussion on Question re: emergency full restore - Veritas ; Hi folks.... Could somebody please offer me any opinions or experiences on doing a full restore with Backup Exec Desktop, e.g. after losing the hard drive? The FAQ says that no bootable program is supplied, you have to re-install Windows ...

  1. Question re: emergency full restore

    Hi folks.... Could somebody please offer me any opinions or
    experiences on doing a full restore with Backup Exec Desktop,
    e.g. after losing the hard drive? The FAQ says that no bootable
    program is supplied, you have to re-install Windows 98, then
    re-install Backup Exec and run the recovery. When I once did
    the same sort of thing using MS backup on Windows 3.1, I had
    problems updating files that were in use by Windows, and my Main
    panel ended up a frightful mess.
    So, I will be very grateful for any opinions/experiences ( I
    should explain that I am considering buying Backup Exec Desktop
    to use on my stand-alone Win98 system with CD-writer.

    Many thanks - Mike

  2. Question re: emergency full restore

    actually, Backup Exec does allow you to create boot floppies to boot your
    system in case of emergency. i have had great success with the product.

    "Mike Headon" wrote:

    >Hi folks.... Could somebody please offer me any opinions or
    >experiences on doing a full restore with Backup Exec Desktop,
    >e.g. after losing the hard drive? The FAQ says that no bootable
    >program is supplied, you have to re-install Windows 98, then
    >re-install Backup Exec and run the recovery. When I once did
    >the same sort of thing using MS backup on Windows 3.1, I had
    >problems updating files that were in use by Windows, and my Main
    >panel ended up a frightful mess.
    >So, I will be very grateful for any opinions/experiences ( I
    >should explain that I am considering buying Backup Exec Desktop
    >to use on my stand-alone Win98 system with CD-writer.
    >
    >Many thanks - Mike

  3. Question re: emergency full restore

    "rerun" wrote:

    >actually, Backup Exec does allow you to create boot floppies to boot your
    >system in case of emergency. i have had great success with the product.
    >

    >"Mike Headon" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi folks.... Could somebody please offer me any opinions or
    >>experiences on doing a full restore with Backup Exec Desktop,
    >>e.g. after losing the hard drive? The FAQ says that no bootable
    >>program is supplied, you have to re-install Windows 98, then
    >>re-install Backup Exec and run the recovery. When I once did
    >>the same sort of thing using MS backup on Windows 3.1, I had
    >>problems updating files that were in use by Windows, and my Main
    >>panel ended up a frightful mess.
    >>So, I will be very grateful for any opinions/experiences ( I
    >>should explain that I am considering buying Backup Exec Desktop
    >>to use on my stand-alone Win98 system with CD-writer.
    >>
    >>Many thanks - Mike

    Thanks, Rerun.... that's good news.
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread