Moving data from Winnt to Windows 2000 - Veritas

This is a discussion on Moving data from Winnt to Windows 2000 - Veritas ; I can't get my BE Desktop Pro Software on a Windows 2000 PC to recognize the data I have backed up on my Windows NT machine. The error states: "The media is not formatted with this product's backup software format. ...

  1. Moving data from Winnt to Windows 2000

    I can't get my BE Desktop Pro Software on a Windows 2000 PC to recognize the
    data I have backed up on my Windows NT machine.
    The error states: "The media is not formatted with this product's backup
    software format. Formatting takes under a minute. All existing data..........yada
    yada..."
    What's the deal? I am running the same version at each workstation.
    Help!!!!!

  2. Re: Moving data from Winnt to Windows 2000

    did you use BE Desktop Pro to backup the Win NT machine?

    "Randy Poteat" wrote:

    >I can't get my BE Desktop Pro Software on a Windows 2000 PC to recognize

    the
    >data I have backed up on my Windows NT machine.
    >The error states: "The media is not formatted with this product's backup
    >software format. Formatting takes under a minute. All existing data..........yada
    >yada..."
    >What's the deal? I am running the same version at each workstation.
    >Help!!!!!

  3. Re: Moving data from Winnt to Windows 2000

    rerun,
    I did use BED pro to back up the machine on the NT machine. I used the same
    disk to install on both machines. Have you run into this problem? If so,
    what was the solution?
    Thanks,
    Randy

    "rerun" wrote:

    >did you use BE Desktop Pro to backup the Win NT machine?
    >

    >"Randy Poteat" wrote:
    >>
    >>I can't get my BE Desktop Pro Software on a Windows 2000 PC to recognize

    >the
    >>data I have backed up on my Windows NT machine.
    >>The error states: "The media is not formatted with this product's backup
    >>software format. Formatting takes under a minute. All existing data..........yada
    >>yada..."
    >>What's the deal? I am running the same version at each workstation.
    >>Help!!!!!

  4. Re: Moving data from Winnt to Windows 2000

    this should not be a problem. what kind of drive are you using? is it supported
    under both operating systems with backup exec? was the backup made on the
    same hardware as it is being restored with? i would definately give tech
    support a call on this.

    "randy" wrote:

    >rerun,
    >I did use BED pro to back up the machine on the NT machine. I used the

    same
    >disk to install on both machines. Have you run into this problem? If so,
    >what was the solution?
    >Thanks,
    >Randy
    >
    >"rerun" wrote:
    >>
    >>did you use BE Desktop Pro to backup the Win NT machine?
    >>

    >>"Randy Poteat" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I can't get my BE Desktop Pro Software on a Windows 2000 PC to recognize

    >>the
    >>>data I have backed up on my Windows NT machine.
    >>>The error states: "The media is not formatted with this product's backup
    >>>software format. Formatting takes under a minute. All existing data..........yada
    >>>yada..."
    >>>What's the deal? I am running the same version at each workstation.
    >>>Help!!!!!

  5. Re: Moving data from Winnt to Windows 2000

    "rerun" wrote:

    >this should not be a problem. what kind of drive are you using? is it

    supported
    >under both operating systems with backup exec? was the backup made on the
    >same hardware as it is being restored with? i would definately give tech
    >support a call on this.
    >
    >"randy" wrote:
    >>
    >>rerun,
    >>I did use BED pro to back up the machine on the NT machine. I used the

    >same
    >>disk to install on both machines. Have you run into this problem? If so,
    >>what was the solution?
    >>Thanks,
    >>Randy
    >>
    >>"rerun" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>did you use BE Desktop Pro to backup the Win NT machine?

    >>>the

    rerun,
    I found out from tech support that Iomega zip drives are not supported in
    BE Desktop Pro / Windows 2000. This is why the data cannot be transferred.
    Thanks for the input and maybe Iomega will get on this.
    Randy

+ Reply to Thread