Backup Exec 2.0b won't recognize CD-WRiter - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 2.0b won't recognize CD-WRiter - Veritas ; Can anybody tell me how I can get my Backup Exec v2.0b to recognize my HP 8200e CD-WRiter. I know it's an old version of the software (developed by Seagate before Veritas took it over), but it's really quite enough ...

  1. Backup Exec 2.0b won't recognize CD-WRiter

    Can anybody tell me how I can get my Backup Exec v2.0b to recognize my HP
    8200e CD-WRiter. I know it's an old version of the software (developed by
    Seagate before Veritas took it over), but it's really quite enough for my
    simple backup needs. The only problem is, it doesn't recognize the CD-WR
    drive, only my tape drive. There must be some way to get it to recognize
    the CD-WR drive too as a possible choice for backup device. The CD-Writer
    is properly installed and recognized by Windows98. Why can't I get Backup
    Exec to see it too?

    --
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Garret Swayne

  2. Re: Backup Exec 2.0b won't recognize CD-WRiter

    Garret Swayne wrote:

    > Can anybody tell me how I can get my Backup Exec v2.0b to recognize my HP
    > 8200e CD-WRiter. I know it's an old version of the software (developed by
    > Seagate before Veritas took it over), but it's really quite enough for my
    > simple backup needs. The only problem is, it doesn't recognize the CD-WR
    > drive, only my tape drive. There must be some way to get it to recognize
    > the CD-WR drive too as a possible choice for backup device. The CD-Writer
    > is properly installed and recognized by Windows98. Why can't I get Backup
    > Exec to see it too?

    Version 2.0 has no support for CD-RW, period. WRITING to a CD-R or CD-RW goes
    beyond just having Windows recognize it. All Windows itself knows how to do is
    read.

    CD-R/RW support was added in version 4. There is a free upgrade from 3.x to
    4.2.1, but nothing to update 2.x for free. You may want to get the 4.5 upgrade.

    http://www.veritas.com/us/products/bedesktop45/ . I STRONGLY recommend that
    you read the device support list first to verify that your drive is supported.
    A quick check shows that the 8200e is not listed.

    All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!
    http://www.ntsource.com/~andyross

+ Reply to Thread