Error on a request to space to end of data ???? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Error on a request to space to end of data ???? - Veritas ; I'm using BackupExec V5.01 rev 006 with an EXABYTE TAPE (EXB 8700). And I've got troubles with the hardware or the software??. BackupExec is not able to completely fill in a 10Go 8mm tape (112m). I've already processed to a ...

  1. Error on a request to space to end of data ????

    I'm using BackupExec V5.01 rev 006 with an EXABYTE TAPE (EXB 8700).
    And I've got troubles with the hardware or the software??.
    BackupExec is not able to completely fill in a 10Go 8mm tape (112m).
    I've already processed to a standard exchange of my EXABYTE TAPE,
    but the problem still remains.
    When the tape sizes reaches 3 or 4 Go, BackupExec stops his job
    and displays such a message:
    "The tape device reported an error on a request to space to end of data."
    "Error reported:"
    "Hardware failure."

    -Does any body met such a problem ?
    -What can I do to be able to perform a full 10Go backup ?

    Thanks for all good suggestions!

  2. Re: Error on a request to space to end of data ????

    version 5.01? that version is not Year 2000 compliant and will generate various
    errors after jan 1, 2000. i would suggest upgrading the software. try downloading
    the evaluation version of the software and retry the backup

    "Philippe Marques" wrote:

    >I'm using BackupExec V5.01 rev 006 with an EXABYTE TAPE (EXB 8700).
    >And I've got troubles with the hardware or the software??.
    >BackupExec is not able to completely fill in a 10Go 8mm tape (112m).
    >I've already processed to a standard exchange of my EXABYTE TAPE,
    >but the problem still remains.
    >When the tape sizes reaches 3 or 4 Go, BackupExec stops his job
    >and displays such a message:
    >"The tape device reported an error on a request to space to end of data."
    >"Error reported:"
    >"Hardware failure."
    >
    >-Does any body met such a problem ?
    >-What can I do to be able to perform a full 10Go backup ?
    >
    >Thanks for all good suggestions!

  3. Re: Error on a request to space to end of data ????

    Great! but where can I found this evaluation version ?

    Thanks,
    Philippe

    rerun a écrit :

    > version 5.01? that version is not Year 2000 compliant and will generate various
    > errors after jan 1, 2000. i would suggest upgrading the software. try downloading
    > the evaluation version of the software and retry the backup
    >
    > "Philippe Marques" wrote:
    > >
    > >I'm using BackupExec V5.01 rev 006 with an EXABYTE TAPE (EXB 8700).
    > >And I've got troubles with the hardware or the software??.
    > >BackupExec is not able to completely fill in a 10Go 8mm tape (112m).
    > >I've already processed to a standard exchange of my EXABYTE TAPE,
    > >but the problem still remains.
    > >When the tape sizes reaches 3 or 4 Go, BackupExec stops his job
    > >and displays such a message:
    > >"The tape device reported an error on a request to space to end of data."
    > >"Error reported:"
    > >"Hardware failure."
    > >
    > >-Does any body met such a problem ?
    > >-What can I do to be able to perform a full 10Go backup ?
    > >
    > >Thanks for all good suggestions!

+ Reply to Thread