ONSTREAM??????? - Veritas

This is a discussion on ONSTREAM??????? - Veritas ; I guess everybody at Veritas was too busy putting out V4.5 than fixing the problems with Onstream drive compatibility?? This fix was supposed to take a month. It has been about 9 months now! Obviously nobody has any intention of ...

  1. ONSTREAM???????

    I guess everybody at Veritas was too busy putting out V4.5 than fixing the
    problems with Onstream drive compatibility??

    This fix was supposed to take a month. It has been about 9 months now!
    Obviously nobody has any intention of fixing the problem, or they wouldn't
    have estimated it would take a month, and have nothing to show 9 months
    later!

    I will never buy another Veritas product. The only reason I bought an
    Onstream drive was because of Veritas compatibility. Then Onstream told me
    to go out and buy Retrospect and it doesn't work either. It is going to
    take some major troubleshooting to fix the Retrospect problem, and I was
    hoping Veritas would actually make good on their promise to suppport
    Onstream but I guess I will die waiting.

    What a freakin' joke.

    They better not have been saving Onstream compatibility for 4.5 or they are
    shipping it to me for free.

  2. Re: ONSTREAM???????

    FWIW, Veritas claimed in an e-mail to me that OnStream wouldn't "cooperate"
    with them so they quietly dropped all OnStream support.

    --
    ....James H. Hansen
    -- anti-spam: change hal to attglobal in my address

    "Matt Turley" wrote in message
    > I guess everybody at Veritas was too busy putting out V4.5 than fixing the
    > problems with Onstream drive compatibility??
    >
    > This fix was supposed to take a month. It has been about 9 months now!
    > Obviously nobody has any intention of fixing the problem, or they wouldn't
    > have estimated it would take a month, and have nothing to show 9 months
    > later!
    >
    > I will never buy another Veritas product. The only reason I bought an
    > Onstream drive was because of Veritas compatibility. Then Onstream told

    me
    > to go out and buy Retrospect and it doesn't work either. It is going to
    > take some major troubleshooting to fix the Retrospect problem, and I was
    > hoping Veritas would actually make good on their promise to suppport
    > Onstream but I guess I will die waiting.
    >
    > What a freakin' joke.
    >
    > They better not have been saving Onstream compatibility for 4.5 or they

    are
    > shipping it to me for free.

  3. Re: ONSTREAM???????

    Yeah, right, everybody I've worked with at Onstream has been very
    cooperative. Although I blame both companies for this.

    And if this is true, they need to update their knowledge base. They still
    say there is a beta version in the works. Sure there is.

    "James H. Hansen" wrote in message
    > FWIW, Veritas claimed in an e-mail to me that OnStream wouldn't

    "cooperate"
    > with them so they quietly dropped all OnStream support.
    >
    > --
    > ...James H. Hansen
    > -- anti-spam: change hal to attglobal in my address
    >

    > "Matt Turley" wrote in message
    > > I guess everybody at Veritas was too busy putting out V4.5 than fixing

    the
    > > problems with Onstream drive compatibility??
    > >
    > > This fix was supposed to take a month. It has been about 9 months now!
    > > Obviously nobody has any intention of fixing the problem, or they

    wouldn't
    > > have estimated it would take a month, and have nothing to show 9 months
    > > later!
    > >
    > > I will never buy another Veritas product. The only reason I bought an
    > > Onstream drive was because of Veritas compatibility. Then Onstream told

    > me
    > > to go out and buy Retrospect and it doesn't work either. It is going to
    > > take some major troubleshooting to fix the Retrospect problem, and I was
    > > hoping Veritas would actually make good on their promise to suppport
    > > Onstream but I guess I will die waiting.
    > >
    > > What a freakin' joke.
    > >
    > > They better not have been saving Onstream compatibility for 4.5 or they

    > are
    > > shipping it to me for free.

+ Reply to Thread