Philips CDRW804K - Veritas

This is a discussion on Philips CDRW804K - Veritas ; Does anyone know if either Simple Backup or Backup Exec will support this drive? The list published by Veritas on the Web site shows only decks a lot older than this....

  1. Philips CDRW804K

    Does anyone know if either Simple Backup or Backup Exec will support this
    drive? The list published by Veritas on the Web site shows only decks a
    lot older than this.

  2. Re: Philips CDRW804K

    > Does anyone know if either Simple Backup or Backup Exec will support this
    > drive? The list published by Veritas on the Web site shows only decks a
    > lot older than this.

    As far as I know this drive is not supported by Veritas Backup Exec.

    My version of Veritas Backup Exec Desktop V. 4.2 (Retail) doesn't find the
    drive.

    Asking Veritas wether an update is available I recieved the answer:

    "There is no free support available for Desktop versions" - That's service
    :-(

    greetings from germany

    Thomas

  3. Re: Philips CDRW804K

    "Roger Stubbe" wrote:

    >Does anyone know if either Simple Backup or Backup Exec will support this
    >drive? The list published by Veritas on the Web site shows only decks

    >lot older than this.

  4. Re: Philips CDRW804K

    Also important is that the previous version can not overwrite previously used
    CD-R/W's,
    which makes the product rather useless. The documentation of the newest version
    doesn't discuss this at all. I'd be *very* careful before buying.

    Henno

  5. Re: Philips CDRW804K

    If in doubt, DO NOT BUY Backup Exec!!!! I made that mistake and it
    turns out it doesn't recognize my Toshiba SD-R1002 drive!

    I downloaded an eval. copy of Dantz Retrospect Express Backup
    (www.dantz.com) and it found my drive, no problem. I recommend trying
    that product instead of Backup Exec.

    Roger Stubbe wrote:

    > Does anyone know if either Simple Backup or Backup Exec will support this
    > drive? The list published by Veritas on the Web site shows only decks a
    > lot older than this.

  6. Re: Philips CDRW804K

    Agree, I bought it and would not do it again. I can't use it on my desktop
    machine because it doesn't support the Philips CDRW804K. I can't use it on
    my laptop because it doesn't support the parallel port HP 7200e w/windows
    2000. I will look for someone that's got a better product and support.

    "None" wrote in message news:3A24A034.9749C072@none.com...
    > If in doubt, DO NOT BUY Backup Exec!!!! I made that mistake and it
    > turns out it doesn't recognize my Toshiba SD-R1002 drive!
    >
    > I downloaded an eval. copy of Dantz Retrospect Express Backup
    > (www.dantz.com) and it found my drive, no problem. I recommend trying
    > that product instead of Backup Exec.
    >
    > Roger Stubbe wrote:
    > >
    > > Does anyone know if either Simple Backup or Backup Exec will support

    this
    > > drive? The list published by Veritas on the Web site shows only decks

    > > lot older than this.

+ Reply to Thread