Backup Exec Command Line Interface? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Command Line Interface? - Veritas ; Can backups be done via a command line interface, where the type of backup (full, differential or incremental) and the backup data set can be specified? TIA, Byron...

  1. Backup Exec Command Line Interface?

    Can backups be done via a command line interface, where the type of backup
    (full, differential or incremental) and the backup data set can be
    specified?

    TIA,
    Byron

  2. Re: Backup Exec Command Line Interface?

    Byron Siegel wrote:

    >Can backups be done via a command line interface, where the type of backup
    >(full, differential or incremental) and the backup data set can be
    >specified?

    -------
    Not exactly. You can create a saved job to do the type of backup you
    require, and then run the job through a command line.

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnot...EDT/229142.htm
    Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    Vancouver, BC

  3. Re: Backup Exec Command Line Interface?

    Colin Sewell replied:
    >Byron Siegel wrote:
    >
    >>Can backups be done via a command line interface, where the type of backup
    >>(full, differential or incremental) and the backup data set can be
    >>specified?

    >-------
    >Not exactly. You can create a saved job to do the type of backup you
    >require, and then run the job through a command line.
    >
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnot...EDT/229142.htm

    Thanks Colin, that's what I was looking for. The only remaining
    question is whether BECOM will work with VERITAS Backup Exec Desktop (Pro)
    version 4.5, or if the authors of the command line utility will create an
    update if BECOM and 4.5 are not compatible.

    Thanks again for your reply Colin, hope it isnt' too wet up there
    today. :-)

    -- Byron

  4. Re: Backup Exec Command Line Interface?

    Byron Siegel wrote:

    >Colin Sewell replied:
    >>Byron Siegel wrote:
    >>
    >>>Can backups be done via a command line interface, where the type of backup
    >>>(full, differential or incremental) and the backup data set can be
    >>>specified?

    >>-------
    >>Not exactly. You can create a saved job to do the type of backup you
    >>require, and then run the job through a command line.
    >>
    >>http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnot...EDT/229142.htm

    > Thanks Colin, that's what I was looking for. The only remaining
    >question is whether BECOM will work with VERITAS Backup Exec Desktop (Pro)
    >version 4.5, or if the authors of the command line utility will create an
    >update if BECOM and 4.5 are not compatible.
    >
    > Thanks again for your reply Colin, hope it isnt' too wet up there
    >today. :-)

    ----------
    I can tell you it does work with the 4.5 Pro version. As far as I can
    tell, there are no major differences between 4.2 and 4.5. They both
    look pretty much the same and store the backup job info in the same
    places.

    It doesn't rain all the time up here! :-)
    Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    Vancouver, BC

  5. Re: Backup Exec Command Line Interface?

    Colin Sewell replied:

    >I can tell you it does work with the 4.5 Pro version. As far as I can
    >tell, there are no major differences between 4.2 and 4.5. They both
    >look pretty much the same and store the backup job info in the same
    >places.

    Thanks Colin, that helps me a lot.

    >It doesn't rain all the time up here! :-)

    Heh, bet you won't say that in a couple months.

    -- Byron

+ Reply to Thread