pending message - Veritas

This is a discussion on pending message - Veritas ; Up to the past few days, my backups have been running fine. I use BU Exec 7.3 on a WinNT4.0 sp5 with an HP NetServer and HP 12000E tape back up hardware. I run two full BU everyday - one ...

  1. pending message

    Up to the past few days, my backups have been running fine. I
    use BU Exec 7.3 on a WinNT4.0 sp5 with an HP NetServer and
    HP 12000E tape back up hardware. I run two full BU everyday - one
    at 7:30pm and one at 8pm. The 7:30 job has been running fine, the
    8pm job, my email server, required me to abort the job. As a result
    of the abort, I had to reboot the server with the tape drive
    connected to it and, also, reboot the Exchange(5.5sp3)server.
    The Exchange server also locked up. I don't know which error cause
    which problem - either the tape backup caused the Exchange server
    to lockup or the Exchange server caused the tape backup to lockup.
    Anyway, now when I try to run a job, all I get is "PENDING". I
    have rebooted (again) the servers in question, rebooted the tape
    drive, tried a new tape, and deleted and restrated my backup
    selections. After all this I still receive "Pending". Any ideas
    how to get out of this loop. Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: pending message

    Hi;
    Sounds like the bengine (or whatever) service has not started.

    "greg" wrote in message

    > Up to the past few days, my backups have been running fine. I
    > use BU Exec 7.3 on a WinNT4.0 sp5 with an HP NetServer and
    > HP 12000E tape back up hardware. I run two full BU everyday - one
    > at 7:30pm and one at 8pm. The 7:30 job has been running fine, the
    > 8pm job, my email server, required me to abort the job. As a result
    > of the abort, I had to reboot the server with the tape drive
    > connected to it and, also, reboot the Exchange(5.5sp3)server.
    > The Exchange server also locked up. I don't know which error cause
    > which problem - either the tape backup caused the Exchange server
    > to lockup or the Exchange server caused the tape backup to lockup.
    > Anyway, now when I try to run a job, all I get is "PENDING". I
    > have rebooted (again) the servers in question, rebooted the tape
    > drive, tried a new tape, and deleted and restrated my backup
    > selections. After all this I still receive "Pending". Any ideas
    > how to get out of this loop. Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread