4.5 release - Veritas

This is a discussion on 4.5 release - Veritas ; Is there a description of the changes between 4.2 and 4.5 somewhere? Thanks Mike...

  1. 4.5 release

    Is there a description of the changes between 4.2 and 4.5 somewhere?

    Thanks

    Mike

  2. Re: 4.5 release

    Ditto. How are we supposed to know if we should upgrade? Is it really too
    much to ask that they put the list of changes/fixes up on the site? I spent
    20 minutes going thru the site and couldn't find anything on the changes
    from 4.2 to 4.5. 4.2 is working fine so I guess I'll keep it. Seems pretty
    shady to me.
    --Mark--

    "Mike Blake-Knox" wrote in message

    > Is there a description of the changes between 4.2 and 4.5 somewhere?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike

  3. Re: 4.5 release

    I agree. I also have 4.21 and do not know if there is any reason to spend
    the $30.

    "Mark Manolio" wrote in message
    > Ditto. How are we supposed to know if we should upgrade? Is it really

    too
    > much to ask that they put the list of changes/fixes up on the site? I

    spent
    > 20 minutes going thru the site and couldn't find anything on the changes
    > from 4.2 to 4.5. 4.2 is working fine so I guess I'll keep it. Seems

    pretty
    > shady to me.
    > --Mark--
    >
    > "Mike Blake-Knox" wrote in message
    > >
    > > Is there a description of the changes between 4.2 and 4.5 somewhere?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Mike

  4. Re: 4.5 release

    4.5 is intended for those of us using Win 2000, not sure what else they've
    changed.

    I see no point in getting 4.5 until I see support for my tape drive listed
    in Win 2000. I'll check again in a few weeks.

    Using 4.2.1, I already can back up my drives on my dual boot Win 98/Win 2000
    system, just do not get emergency restore in Win 2000, but I have it for Win
    98.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup.
    > Ditto. How are we supposed to know if we should upgrade? Is it really

    too
    > much to ask that they put the list of changes/fixes up on the site? I

    spent
    > 20 minutes going thru the site and couldn't find anything on the changes
    > from 4.2 to 4.5. 4.2 is working fine so I guess I'll keep it. Seems

    pretty
    > shady to me.
    > --Mark--
    >
    > "Mike Blake-Knox" wrote in message
    > >
    > > Is there a description of the changes between 4.2 and 4.5 somewhere?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Mike

+ Reply to Thread