Password - Veritas

This is a discussion on Password - Veritas ; Can't connect to clients from the server hosting Seagate BackupExec v7.0. How do I change account & password to connect to clients? This occurs when using either my User DefinedShares or thru network tree....

  1. Password

    Can't connect to clients from the server hosting Seagate BackupExec v7.0.
    How do I change account & password to connect to clients? This occurs when
    using either my User DefinedShares or thru network tree.

  2. Re: Password

    Hi;
    If your clients are Win9x, you need to run an agent on them. If they
    are another server, I believe you can't do that if you have the single
    server version. If the clients are NT, it should work.

    "Marco Garza" wrote in message

    > Can't connect to clients from the server hosting Seagate BackupExec v7.0.
    > How do I change account & password to connect to clients? This occurs

    when
    > using either my User DefinedShares or thru network tree.

  3. Re: Password

    "Barry Thorp" wrote:
    >Hi;
    > If your clients are Win9x, you need to run an agent on them. If they
    >are another server, I believe you can't do that if you have the single
    >server version. If the clients are NT, it should work.

    Barry:

    I appreciate your thoughts on my nagging Seagate problem. My clients are
    in fact NT Workstation. But, for whatever reason, connecting to my clients
    when performing a manual backup, is no longer possible when attempting to
    make my selections. Do you know of any password file, password database
    or registry setting that Seagate used that I can change manually??

    Thanks again.

    >"Marco Garza" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Can't connect to clients from the server hosting Seagate BackupExec v7.0.
    >> How do I change account & password to connect to clients? This occurs

    >when
    >> using either my User DefinedShares or thru network tree.

  4. Re: Password

    > >Hi;
    > > If your clients are Win9x, you need to run an agent on them. If they
    > >are another server, I believe you can't do that if you have the single
    > >server version. If the clients are NT, it should work.
    > >

    > Barry:
    >
    > I appreciate your thoughts on my nagging Seagate problem. My clients are
    > in fact NT Workstation. But, for whatever reason, connecting to my

    clients
    > when performing a manual backup, is no longer possible when attempting to
    > make my selections. Do you know of any password file, password database
    > or registry setting that Seagate used that I can change manually??
    >
    > Thanks again.

    Hi;
    I has been a while since I used that program, but seems to me we set up
    a user account with backup privileges and when we installed Backup Exec we
    told it to use that account. Other than that, is it could it be the network
    protocol that is the problem, I don't recall what is needed. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread