4.5 product evaluation - Veritas

This is a discussion on 4.5 product evaluation - Veritas ; I am evaluating 4.5 pro version. Was wondering about the following... have a 17G WD hard disk, After I installed I ran the disaster recovery backup, created 2 startup disks and 2 media recovery tapes on my HP 35470. after ...

  1. 4.5 product evaluation

    I am evaluating 4.5 pro version. Was wondering about the following...

    have a 17G WD hard disk, After I installed I ran the disaster recovery
    backup, created 2 startup disks and 2 media recovery tapes on my HP
    35470.

    after this was done, It was recommended that I test the disaster recover
    mechinism, upon my attempt,
    I was told by the system that my partitions didn't match, C: 2048Mb and
    D:2048MB and that I should reformat my system to reflect the same
    paremeters. I've got 2 partitions 4G and a 13G partition
    I stopped the test because the restore would never have worked. how do
    I get around this issue?

    tia

  2. Re: 4.5 product evaluation

    What business does backup software have telling somebody to change the
    partitions?
    All a backup should be concerned with reading writing files?

    Heck, a common use is to backup everything, repartition, and restore the
    files.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup.
    "David Ristau" wrote in message
    > I am evaluating 4.5 pro version. Was wondering about the following...
    >
    > have a 17G WD hard disk, After I installed I ran the disaster recovery
    > backup, created 2 startup disks and 2 media recovery tapes on my HP
    > 35470.
    >
    > after this was done, It was recommended that I test the disaster recover
    > mechinism, upon my attempt,
    > I was told by the system that my partitions didn't match, C: 2048Mb and
    > D:2048MB and that I should reformat my system to reflect the same
    > paremeters. I've got 2 partitions 4G and a 13G partition
    > I stopped the test because the restore would never have worked. how do
    > I get around this issue?
    >
    > tia

  3. Re: 4.5 product evaluation

    what operating system are you using?

    David Ristau wrote:
    >I am evaluating 4.5 pro version. Was wondering about the following...
    >
    >have a 17G WD hard disk, After I installed I ran the disaster recovery
    >backup, created 2 startup disks and 2 media recovery tapes on my HP
    >35470.
    >
    >after this was done, It was recommended that I test the disaster recover
    >mechinism, upon my attempt,
    >I was told by the system that my partitions didn't match, C: 2048Mb and
    >D:2048MB and that I should reformat my system to reflect the same
    >paremeters. I've got 2 partitions 4G and a 13G partition
    >I stopped the test because the restore would never have worked. how do
    >I get around this issue?
    >
    >tia

  4. Re: 4.5 product evaluation

    This sounds like a difference in Windows Systems. There are two versions
    of Windows 95. One recognizes Hard Disks only up to two GB, while the other
    can go beyond that. If the program were an older one, it might not know
    that there is a Windows that can handle more than 2 GB.

    "Howard Kaikow" wrote:
    >What business does backup software have telling somebody to change the
    >partitions?
    >All a backup should be concerned with reading writing files?
    >
    >Heck, a common use is to backup everything, repartition, and restore the
    >files.
    >
    >--
    >Please post your response to the newsgroup.
    >"David Ristau" wrote in message
    >> I am evaluating 4.5 pro version. Was wondering about the following...
    >>
    >> have a 17G WD hard disk, After I installed I ran the disaster recovery
    >> backup, created 2 startup disks and 2 media recovery tapes on my HP
    >> 35470.
    >>
    >> after this was done, It was recommended that I test the disaster recover
    >> mechinism, upon my attempt,
    >> I was told by the system that my partitions didn't match, C: 2048Mb and
    >> D:2048MB and that I should reformat my system to reflect the same
    >> paremeters. I've got 2 partitions 4G and a 13G partition
    >> I stopped the test because the restore would never have worked. how do
    >> I get around this issue?
    >>
    >> tia

+ Reply to Thread