disk group cannot be imported after abnormal reboot - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on disk group cannot be imported after abnormal reboot - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, Solaris version: 8 VxVM version: 3.5 Disk group name: datadg_1 Existing datadg_1 (LUN0) is on storage1. We cloned datadg_1 (LUN0) to storage2 (LUN1). Since the datadg_1 (LUN1) on storage2 is outdated, we wanted to perform host-level mirror for datadg_1 ...

  1. Unhappy disk group cannot be imported after abnormal reboot

    Hi,

    Solaris version: 8
    VxVM version: 3.5
    Disk group name: datadg_1

    Existing datadg_1 (LUN0) is on storage1. We cloned datadg_1 (LUN0) to storage2 (LUN1). Since the datadg_1 (LUN1) on storage2 is outdated, we wanted to perform host-level mirror for datadg_1 from LUN0 to LUN1 through VxVM. So we assigned the LUN1 to storage1. Before we started the mirror, the machine suddenly rebooted. I now removed LUN1 from storage1 and did try to issue the command # vxdg -tCf import datadg_1 but failed. It showed vxvm:vxdg: ERROR: Disk group datadg_1: import failed: Disk group has no valid configuration copies.

    #vxdisk -o alldgs list|grep TESTDG

    DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS

    c4t0d0s2 sliced - (datadg_1) online

    c4t0d1s2 sliced - (datadg_1) online

    Pls help.

    itkb

  2. Re: disk group cannot be imported after abnormal reboot

    Can you provide output of the follwoing commands

    vxdisk list c4t0d0s2

    vxdisk list c4t0d1s2

    It might be possible to import the disk group by its disk group ID as it may be confused as to what belongs to datadg_1.

    You are using an old unsupported verion of Volume manager it would adviseable to upgrade to at least 4.1 as this has features in it that could help cloning and recover in this situation.

+ Reply to Thread