VxVM 3.0.1 compatibility - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VxVM 3.0.1 compatibility - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hello, I've a MSCS cluster connected on a SAN Emc2. We were using Solution Enabler, powerpath and Geospan for MSCS. We need to do an update of Solution Enabler to 6.0.3, powerpath to 4.5 and Geospan to SRDF/CE V2.0.1. I've ...

  1. VxVM 3.0.1 compatibility

    Hello,

    I've a MSCS cluster connected on a SAN Emc2.
    We were using Solution Enabler, powerpath and Geospan for MSCS.
    We need to do an update of Solution Enabler to 6.0.3, powerpath to 4.5 and
    Geospan to SRDF/CE V2.0.1.
    I've tested this but since SRDF CE upgrade, i can see the physical drives
    but the letter doesn't appears in the SRDF/CE gui.

    Do you know if it is compatible with my installation of VxVM ?

    Tkanks for you help.

    Bruno.

  2. Re: VxVM 3.0.1 compatibility

    Bruno,

    This is really a question about SRDF/CE and not VxVM so you should be asking
    this of EMC.

    BTW, the answer is yes, SRDF/CE is compatible but the SRDF/CE GUI does not
    know how to translate drive letters from VxVM so you will not be able to
    see these drive letters in the GUI. It will work without issue...it's just
    a display issue.

    Regards,
    John

    "Bruno DEGAT" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I've a MSCS cluster connected on a SAN Emc2.
    >We were using Solution Enabler, powerpath and Geospan for MSCS.
    >We need to do an update of Solution Enabler to 6.0.3, powerpath to 4.5 and
    >Geospan to SRDF/CE V2.0.1.
    >I've tested this but since SRDF CE upgrade, i can see the physical drives
    >but the letter doesn't appears in the SRDF/CE gui.
    >
    >Do you know if it is compatible with my installation of VxVM ?
    >
    >Tkanks for you help.
    >
    >Bruno.

+ Reply to Thread