Windows 2003 with MSCS and VxVM - Migrate disk - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Windows 2003 with MSCS and VxVM - Migrate disk - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, We have a two node Microsoft Cluster Server running on Windows 2003, also using Veritas Volume manager. We need to migrate the data which is on the shared disk. Has any one done this before ? Can i do ...

  1. Windows 2003 with MSCS and VxVM - Migrate disk

    Hi,
    We have a two node Microsoft Cluster Server running on Windows 2003, also
    using Veritas Volume manager. We need to migrate the data which is on the
    shared disk. Has any one done this before ? Can i do it online? Can you pls
    give detailed steps on how to migrate the data and what changes needs to
    be done on MSCS.

    Thanks in advance
    Ashok

  2. Re: Windows 2003 with MSCS and VxVM - Migrate disk

    I have done it before.
    We were using a JBOD, with about 100GB disks, and I was using 1 cluster disk
    group, then I just add one array to the system, with about 500GB disks.
    steps are:
    add the disks to the same disk group.
    drag and drop the volumes from the old disk to new disks.
    remove the old disks from cluster disk group.
    turn off JBOD.

    Hope this help.

    Matt.

    "Ashok" wrote in message news:44bcaee0@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hi,
    > We have a two node Microsoft Cluster Server running on Windows 2003,

    also
    > using Veritas Volume manager. We need to migrate the data which is on the
    > shared disk. Has any one done this before ? Can i do it online? Can you

    pls
    > give detailed steps on how to migrate the data and what changes needs to
    > be done on MSCS.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Ashok

+ Reply to Thread