VM3.1 in win200 cluster - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VM3.1 in win200 cluster - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, we have a two node win2000 cluster. Each node has veritas Volume manager 3.1 used to manage two volumes on a Storagetek Bladestore(with bc84 controller). The evnt viewer reports some vxio errors periodically. vxio: Harddisk9 read error at block ...

  1. VM3.1 in win200 cluster

    Hi,
    we have a two node win2000 cluster. Each node has veritas Volume manager
    3.1 used to manage two volumes on a Storagetek Bladestore(with bc84 controller).
    The evnt viewer reports some vxio errors periodically.
    vxio: Harddisk9 read error at block 6: status 0x80000011 (this for each disk
    of the raid group for the same volume)
    They seems to be related to the relocation of the resources to the other
    node or to the reboot of the system.
    The document http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/252111.htm indicates a
    number of system free page table entry less than 15000 as the possible cause
    of the problem.
    In my case the number is never less than 102000.
    Even thoughthis is not the cause of the problem the articles tells that :"When
    using dynamic disks, you may receive Event ID 29, 30 and 35 errors in the
    Windows 2000 system event log. These errors, reported by VXIO, may lead to
    data or file system corruption on one or more dynamic disk volumes".
    Which could be the cause?
    Could be lead to data loss?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: VM3.1 in win200 cluster

    0x80000011 = STATUS_DEVICE_BUSY

    Event ID 29 and 30 are reported by vxio but are not caused by Volume
    Manager. You might want to contact your hardware vendor to see if they can
    shed any light.

    KM

    "mini" wrote in message news:40dc684f@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hi,
    > we have a two node win2000 cluster. Each node has veritas Volume manager
    > 3.1 used to manage two volumes on a Storagetek Bladestore(with bc84

    controller).
    > The evnt viewer reports some vxio errors periodically.
    > vxio: Harddisk9 read error at block 6: status 0x80000011 (this for each

    disk
    > of the raid group for the same volume)
    > They seems to be related to the relocation of the resources to the other
    > node or to the reboot of the system.
    > The document http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/252111.htm indicates a
    > number of system free page table entry less than 15000 as the possible

    cause
    > of the problem.
    > In my case the number is never less than 102000.
    > Even thoughthis is not the cause of the problem the articles tells that

    :"When
    > using dynamic disks, you may receive Event ID 29, 30 and 35 errors in the
    > Windows 2000 system event log. These errors, reported by VXIO, may lead to
    > data or file system corruption on one or more dynamic disk volumes".
    > Which could be the cause?
    > Could be lead to data loss?
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: VM3.1 in win200 cluster

    Hi. I had same prolblems. What step I did:
    - remove /3G - not help
    - decrease speed I/O - YEEEES ! Victory !!!
    How I decrease speed:
    At host I have 2-channel FC-adapter, connected to FC-switch.
    And I turn-off second channel on FC-adapter (DynamicMuliPathing
    --> Active/Pasive).

    "mini" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >we have a two node win2000 cluster. Each node has veritas Volume manager
    >3.1 used to manage two volumes on a Storagetek Bladestore(with bc84 controller).
    >The evnt viewer reports some vxio errors periodically.
    >vxio: Harddisk9 read error at block 6: status 0x80000011 (this for each

    disk
    >of the raid group for the same volume)
    >They seems to be related to the relocation of the resources to the other
    >node or to the reboot of the system.
    >The document http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/252111.htm indicates a
    >number of system free page table entry less than 15000 as the possible cause
    >of the problem.
    >In my case the number is never less than 102000.
    >Even thoughthis is not the cause of the problem the articles tells that

    :"When
    >using dynamic disks, you may receive Event ID 29, 30 and 35 errors in the
    >Windows 2000 system event log. These errors, reported by VXIO, may lead

    >data or file system corruption on one or more dynamic disk volumes".
    >Which could be the cause?
    >Could be lead to data loss?
    >Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread