Can't reuse the same drive letter after snapback - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Can't reuse the same drive letter after snapback - Veritas Volume Manager ; I found that I miss the drive letter (g after doing snapback. I want to ask that what command I can type to discover this drive letter again?...

  1. Can't reuse the same drive letter after snapback

    I found that I miss the drive letter (g after doing snapback. I want to
    ask that what command I can type to discover this drive letter again?

  2. Re: Can't reuse the same drive letter after snapback

    Try performing a rescan after snapback. What version of VM and what service
    pack/hotfix are you running?

    KM

    "nash lau" wrote in message news:4084edf3@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > I found that I miss the drive letter (g after doing snapback. I want to
    > ask that what command I can type to discover this drive letter again?

  3. Re: Can't reuse the same drive letter after snapback

    I tried a rescan and refresh snapback, but the letter drive have not appeared.
    I use the VM version 3.1 and the lastest service pack 03b

    "KM" wrote:
    >Try performing a rescan after snapback. What version of VM and what service
    >pack/hotfix are you running?
    >

    >KM
    >
    >"nash lau" wrote in message news:4084edf3@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> I found that I miss the drive letter (g after doing snapback. I want

    >> ask that what command I can type to discover this drive letter again?

  4. Re: Can't reuse the same drive letter after snapback

    Are you saying you can no longer see the G drive after snap back or that G
    is no longer available for use? If your snapped volume is G and you snap it
    back then it is expected that G will disappear since it is no longer a
    separate volume. If you're saying that G should be available after snap
    back but it doesn't appear as an available drive letter then that sounds
    like a problem.

    KM

    > >> I found that I miss the drive letter (g after doing snapback. I want

    > >> ask that what command I can type to discover this drive letter again?

+ Reply to Thread