Missing Disks - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Missing Disks - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hello, During W2K cluster failover, one of the diskgroups didn't fail over properly. Out of 3 EMC metavolumes in the diskgroup, only one meta volume appeared as part of the diskgroup and was imported, and the remaining 2 meta volumes ...

  1. Missing Disks

    Hello, During W2K cluster failover, one of the diskgroups didn't fail over
    properly.
    Out of 3 EMC metavolumes in the diskgroup, only one meta volume appeared as
    part of the diskgroup
    and was imported, and the remaining 2 meta volumes appeared as missing
    disks. Rescan or reset SCSI bus did not help. Has anyone seen this problem
    with Veritas Volume Manager 3.1 ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Missing Disks

    Sounds like a zoning problem. Make sure the second node has access to those
    disks.

    KM

    "ii5s-nnr" wrote in message
    > Hello, During W2K cluster failover, one of the diskgroups didn't fail

    over
    > properly.
    > Out of 3 EMC metavolumes in the diskgroup, only one meta volume appeared

    as
    > part of the diskgroup
    > and was imported, and the remaining 2 meta volumes appeared as missing
    > disks. Rescan or reset SCSI bus did not help. Has anyone seen this problem
    > with Veritas Volume Manager 3.1 ?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Missing Disks

    I had same problems.
    What I did:
    - check rights from host to volume - all OK;
    - deport DG ant reactivate disk. Import DG
    and after reboot host chkdsk w: /F;
    But at one host this opertions not resolve problem.
    That host have DMP-connection and I forgot
    Incude Array.

    "ii5s-nnr" wrote:
    >Hello, During W2K cluster failover, one of the diskgroups didn't fail over
    >properly.
    >Out of 3 EMC metavolumes in the diskgroup, only one meta volume appeared

    as
    >part of the diskgroup
    >and was imported, and the remaining 2 meta volumes appeared as missing
    >disks. Rescan or reset SCSI bus did not help. Has anyone seen this problem
    >with Veritas Volume Manager 3.1 ?
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread