Windows2003 will work v3.1 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Windows2003 will work v3.1 - Veritas Volume Manager ; I just purchased version 3.1 Volume Manager and wanted to know if I can install it on Windows2003 server? I only see windows2000. Thanks Ed...

  1. Windows2003 will work v3.1

    I just purchased version 3.1 Volume Manager and wanted to know if I can install
    it on Windows2003 server? I only see windows2000.

    Thanks
    Ed

  2. Re: Windows2003 will work v3.1

    Volume Manager 3.1 will only run on Windows 2000. You need VM 4.0 (recently
    released) to run on Windows 2003.

    KM

    "Ed" wrote in message news:3fe0a020@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > I just purchased version 3.1 Volume Manager and wanted to know if I can

    install
    > it on Windows2003 server? I only see windows2000.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ed

  3. Re: Windows2003 will work v3.1

    Or rather, Storage Foundation for Windows 4.0, as it is now called.

    > > I just purchased version 3.1 Volume Manager and wanted to know if I can

    > install
    > > it on Windows2003 server? I only see windows2000.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Ed

  4. Re: Windows2003 will work v3.1

    Damm will it be a free upgrade to Windows2003?

    "KM" wrote:
    >Volume Manager 3.1 will only run on Windows 2000. You need VM 4.0 (recently
    >released) to run on Windows 2003.
    >
    >KM
    >

    >"Ed" wrote in message news:3fe0a020@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> I just purchased version 3.1 Volume Manager and wanted to know if I can

    >install
    >> it on Windows2003 server? I only see windows2000.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Ed

  5. Re: Windows2003 will work v3.1

    If you have a support contract the upgrade is free if the OS is the same (VM
    4.0 will be out on Windows 2000 next year) but if the OS is different then a
    crossgrade fee applies.

    KM

    > >> I just purchased version 3.1 Volume Manager and wanted to know if I can

    > >install
    > >> it on Windows2003 server? I only see windows2000.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks
    > >> Ed

+ Reply to Thread