VM 3.1 in Windows 2000 Cluster - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VM 3.1 in Windows 2000 Cluster - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hello, we are using VM 3.1 in a Windows 2000 Cluster with 2 HP VA7100 Arrays. Node A has one Diskgroup and Node B has 2 Diskgroups including Quorum. While at Failover from Node B to Node A everything works ...

  1. VM 3.1 in Windows 2000 Cluster

    Hello,

    we are using VM 3.1 in a Windows 2000 Cluster with 2 HP VA7100 Arrays.
    Node A has one Diskgroup and Node B has 2 Diskgroups including Quorum.
    While at Failover from Node B to Node A everything works fine failover from
    Node A to Node B doesn't work. The Diskgroup goes online, but the shares
    don't. After a while the group fails back to Node A. Before we installed
    VM everything worked fine. Has anyone an idea?

    thanks

    Christian Grebing
    NETLINE Computer & Netzwerksysteme GmbH
    Göttingen / Germany

  2. Re: VM 3.1 in Windows 2000 Cluster

    Sounds like the drive letter specified in the VMDg resource might already be
    in use on Node B.

    KM

    "Christian Grebing" wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >
    > we are using VM 3.1 in a Windows 2000 Cluster with 2 HP VA7100 Arrays.
    > Node A has one Diskgroup and Node B has 2 Diskgroups including Quorum.
    > While at Failover from Node B to Node A everything works fine failover

    from
    > Node A to Node B doesn't work. The Diskgroup goes online, but the shares
    > don't. After a while the group fails back to Node A. Before we installed
    > VM everything worked fine. Has anyone an idea?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Christian Grebing
    > NETLINE Computer & Netzwerksysteme GmbH
    > Göttingen / Germany

  3. Re: VM 3.1 in Windows 2000 Cluster

    Thanks for your reply.
    There was no drive-letter assigned at node B for the drive-resource of VM.
    I assigned the drive-letter and everything worked fine.

    "KM" wrote:
    >Sounds like the drive letter specified in the VMDg resource might already

    be
    >in use on Node B.
    >
    >KM
    >

    >"Christian Grebing" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> we are using VM 3.1 in a Windows 2000 Cluster with 2 HP VA7100 Arrays.
    >> Node A has one Diskgroup and Node B has 2 Diskgroups including Quorum.
    >> While at Failover from Node B to Node A everything works fine failover

    >from
    >> Node A to Node B doesn't work. The Diskgroup goes online, but the shares
    >> don't. After a while the group fails back to Node A. Before we installed
    >> VM everything worked fine. Has anyone an idea?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> Christian Grebing
    >> NETLINE Computer & Netzwerksysteme GmbH
    >> Göttingen / Germany