Inrange FC/9000 and Qlogic not in HCL - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Inrange FC/9000 and Qlogic not in HCL - Veritas Volume Manager ; We are running VVM31 with IBM ESS, Brocade switch and Qlogic HBA On a Microsoft MSCS. We now need to change the switches to InrangeFC/9000 but they are not in the HCL. Any idea on how we can ask Veritas ...

  1. Inrange FC/9000 and Qlogic not in HCL

    We are running VVM31 with IBM ESS, Brocade switch and Qlogic HBA On a Microsoft
    MSCS. We now need to change the switches to InrangeFC/9000 but they are not
    in the HCL.

    Any idea on how we can ask Veritas to get our configuration added to the
    HCL?

    Thanks
    Davide

  2. Re: Inrange FC/9000 and Qlogic not in HCL

    If your hardware is on the Microsoft HCL then VERITAS will support it. It's
    only when DMP is in use that you have to stick to the HCL. The InRange
    FC/9000 Director is on the DMP HCL with the IBM ESS but only with Emulex
    HBAs - see:
    http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/s...ager_for_Windo
    ws_2000/252733.pdf

    If you want to request any hardware be considered for inclusion on VERITAS'
    HCL then visit http://enhancement.veritas.com/.

    If the hardware isn't on Microsoft's HCL then you need to contact Microsoft!

    KM

    "Davide" wrote in message

    > We are running VVM31 with IBM ESS, Brocade switch and Qlogic HBA On a

    Microsoft
    > MSCS. We now need to change the switches to InrangeFC/9000 but they are

    not
    > in the HCL.
    >
    > Any idea on how we can ask Veritas to get our configuration added to the
    > HCL?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Davide

+ Reply to Thread