VXVM 3.0, MSCS & vxclus command - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VXVM 3.0, MSCS & vxclus command - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, I have been asked to install VXVM3.0 in an MSCS environment and have been taking a quick look through the manuals but can't find the vxclus command - which I would normally expect to find in VXVM 3.1. Is ...

  1. VXVM 3.0, MSCS & vxclus command

    Hi,

    I have been asked to install VXVM3.0 in an MSCS environment and have been
    taking a quick look through the manuals but can't find the vxclus command
    - which I would normally expect to find in VXVM 3.1.

    Is the "vxclus enable " command available in VXVM3.0? (thus allowing
    disk groups to be imported with 50% or less of the disks available automatically
    by MSCS) If not, is there a registry setting that will give the same result?

    Regards,

  2. Re: VXVM 3.0, MSCS & vxclus command

    Vxclus was introduced after VM 3.0 was released so the user guide doesn't
    described how to use it. There is a version for VM 3.0 but it is only
    available from VERITAS Technical Support - see:
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/249344

    KM

    "SIM" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been asked to install VXVM3.0 in an MSCS environment and have been
    > taking a quick look through the manuals but can't find the vxclus command
    > - which I would normally expect to find in VXVM 3.1.
    >
    > Is the "vxclus enable " command available in VXVM3.0? (thus

    allowing
    > disk groups to be imported with 50% or less of the disks available

    automatically
    > by MSCS) If not, is there a registry setting that will give the same

    result?

    > Regards,

+ Reply to Thread