dmp in a MSCS environment - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on dmp in a MSCS environment - Veritas Volume Manager ; Does anyone have experience running dmp in a two node MSCS environment? Should this work? I've been told you can only have one path active, the other has to be passive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve...

  1. dmp in a MSCS environment

    Does anyone have experience running dmp in a two node MSCS environment?
    Should this work? I've been told you can only have one path active, the
    other has to be passive. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. Re: dmp in a MSCS environment

    Active/Passive is the only way from what I see. I am going to be setting it
    up in production in the next week, so I will let you know how it goes.
    Thanks.

    Nathan
    "Steve" wrote in message news:3e6385c1@hronntp01....
    > Does anyone have experience running dmp in a two node MSCS environment?
    > Should this work? I've been told you can only have one path active, the
    > other has to be passive. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

  3. Re: dmp in a MSCS environment

    It should work fine (A/P only) but make sure your hardware is on the HCL.
    For VM 3.1 it is:
    http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/s...ager_for_Windo
    ws_2000/252733.pdf

    KM

    "Nathan Coutinho" wrote in message
    > Active/Passive is the only way from what I see. I am going to be setting

    it
    > up in production in the next week, so I will let you know how it goes.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Nathan
    > "Steve" wrote in message news:3e6385c1@hronntp01....
    > > Does anyone have experience running dmp in a two node MSCS environment?
    > > Should this work? I've been told you can only have one path active, the
    > > other has to be passive. Any help would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Steve

  4. Re: dmp in a MSCS environment

    A/P is the only configuration supported. You also need to disable any additional
    paths to the storage, if you have dual paths, MS will see 2 times the amount
    of LUNs.

    "KM" wrote:
    >It should work fine (A/P only) but make sure your hardware is on the HCL.
    >For VM 3.1 it is:
    >http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/s...ager_for_Windo
    >ws_2000/252733.pdf
    >
    >KM
    >
    >"Nathan Coutinho" wrote in message
    >> Active/Passive is the only way from what I see. I am going to be setting

    >it
    >> up in production in the next week, so I will let you know how it goes.
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Nathan
    >> "Steve" wrote in message news:3e6385c1@hronntp01....
    >> > Does anyone have experience running dmp in a two node MSCS environment?
    >> > Should this work? I've been told you can only have one path active,

    the
    >> > other has to be passive. Any help would be appreciated.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Steve

  5. Re: dmp in a MSCS environment

    Only if DMP isn't configured properly or the hardware is unsupported. The
    point of DMP is to allow multiple paths.

    KM

    environment?

    > the

+ Reply to Thread