Vxsvc uses more than 50% CPU Time - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Vxsvc uses more than 50% CPU Time - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi All, My machine is 2way 2.4GHz system with 1GB ram and 8 mirrored disks. I use Win2K Advanced Server with SP3 and Volume Manager 2.7 (Build 5.27.35.6) Hotfix 6 applied. DMP and Capacity Monitoring are not activated. Presently, Vxsvc ...

  1. Vxsvc uses more than 50% CPU Time

    Hi All,

    My machine is 2way 2.4GHz system with 1GB ram and 8 mirrored disks.
    I use Win2K Advanced Server with SP3 and Volume Manager 2.7 (Build
    5.27.35.6) Hotfix 6 applied.
    DMP and Capacity Monitoring are not activated.

    Presently, Vxsvc uses more than 50% CPU time.

    Any ideas???

    Is it a new know problem ? Must I re-install VM ?

    eric.colin@stratus.com

  2. Re: Vxsvc uses more than 50% CPU Time

    Is the DMP component installed (even if not configured)? You can check by
    searching for *DMP*.sys on C:. You should remove it if it is installed and
    not in use.

    Otherwise try renaming vmstat.dll. Stop the VEA service (from Control Panel
    > Services or "net stop vxob" from a command line), rename vmstat.dll then

    restart VEA.

    KM

    "Eric Colin" wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > My machine is 2way 2.4GHz system with 1GB ram and 8 mirrored disks.
    > I use Win2K Advanced Server with SP3 and Volume Manager 2.7 (Build
    > 5.27.35.6) Hotfix 6 applied.
    > DMP and Capacity Monitoring are not activated.
    >
    > Presently, Vxsvc uses more than 50% CPU time.
    >
    > Any ideas???
    >
    > Is it a new know problem ? Must I re-install VM ?
    >
    > eric.colin@stratus.com

+ Reply to Thread