Mirror a cluster Disk - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Mirror a cluster Disk - Veritas Volume Manager ; 1) Can I upgrade a basic disk with data on the volume to a cluster disk without loosing my data. 2) Can you mirror and break the mirror of a cluster disk (for data migration purposes)...

  1. Mirror a cluster Disk

    1) Can I upgrade a basic disk with data on the volume to a cluster disk without
    loosing my data.

    2) Can you mirror and break the mirror of a cluster disk (for data migration
    purposes)

  2. Re: Mirror a cluster Disk

    1) Yes
    2) Yes

    Cluster DGs are pretty much the same as normal dynamic DGs except they don't
    auto-import on reboot and they hold a SCSI reservation on the disks. If a
    cluster DG forms a Volume Manager Disk Group resource and you split the
    group (for off-host processing) then you will receive a warning but you can
    still go ahead and split it even if the resource is online.

    KM

    "Dennis" wrote in message

    > 1) Can I upgrade a basic disk with data on the volume to a cluster disk

    without
    > loosing my data.
    >
    > 2) Can you mirror and break the mirror of a cluster disk (for data

    migration
    > purposes)

+ Reply to Thread