Delayed write failed with VVM 3.1 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Delayed write failed with VVM 3.1 - Veritas Volume Manager ; I recieve Delayed Write failed error on MS cluster after the installation of VVM 3.1 and upgradng all disk to dynamic disk. The server has run 1 year ago before this upgrade and i have never seen this error. The ...

  1. Delayed write failed with VVM 3.1

    I recieve Delayed Write failed error on MS cluster after the installation
    of VVM 3.1 and upgradng all disk to dynamic disk. The server has run 1 year
    ago before this upgrade and i have never seen this error. The document 233732
    from veritas point the problem to Microsoft but my servers are W2K Sp3 and
    i have the problem only when i install VVM.

    thank's
    Jocelyn

  2. Re: Delayed write failed with VVM 3.1

    This message isn't uncommon in clustered environments, especially when SQL
    is involved. It isn't necessarily cause for concern but if you are seeing a
    very high number of errors then this may indicate a hardware problem.

    KM

    "Jocelyn Tremblay" wrote in message

    > I recieve Delayed Write failed error on MS cluster after the installation
    > of VVM 3.1 and upgradng all disk to dynamic disk. The server has run 1

    year
    > ago before this upgrade and i have never seen this error. The document

    233732
    > from veritas point the problem to Microsoft but my servers are W2K Sp3 and
    > i have the problem only when i install VVM.
    >
    > thank's
    > Jocelyn

  3. Re: Delayed write failed with VVM 3.1

    I don't have Sql but i'm running Oracle 8i on this cluster.

    "KM" wrote:
    >This message isn't uncommon in clustered environments, especially when SQL
    >is involved. It isn't necessarily cause for concern but if you are seeing

    >very high number of errors then this may indicate a hardware problem.
    >

    >KM
    >

    >"Jocelyn Tremblay" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I recieve Delayed Write failed error on MS cluster after the installation
    >> of VVM 3.1 and upgradng all disk to dynamic disk. The server has run 1

    >year
    >> ago before this upgrade and i have never seen this error. The document

    >233732
    >> from veritas point the problem to Microsoft but my servers are W2K Sp3

    and
    >> i have the problem only when i install VVM.
    >>
    >> thank's
    >> Jocelyn

  4. Re: Delayed write failed with VVM 3.1

    "Jocelyn Tremblay" wrote:

    >I recieve Delayed Write failed error on MS cluster after the installation
    >of VVM 3.1 and upgradng all disk to dynamic disk. The server has run 1 year
    >ago before this upgrade and i have never seen this error. The document 233732
    >from veritas point the problem to Microsoft but my servers are W2K Sp3 and
    >i have the problem only when i install VVM.
    >
    >thank's
    >Jocelyn

+ Reply to Thread