Update VM3.0 to VM3.1 licensing question - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Update VM3.0 to VM3.1 licensing question - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi to all, i have do to un update from VM3.0 to VM3.1. Is this update free of all or does i need a new license key or even does i have to purchase the whole new version ? Thanks ...

  1. Update VM3.0 to VM3.1 licensing question

    Hi to all,

    i have do to un update from VM3.0 to VM3.1.
    Is this update free of all or does i need a new license key or even
    does i have to purchase the whole new version ?

    Thanks in advance

    Roland Kastner

    IBEX AG

  2. Re: Update VM3.0 to VM3.1 licensing question

    Roland Kastner wrote:

    > Hi to all,
    >
    > i have do to un update from VM3.0 to VM3.1.
    > Is this update free of all or does i need a new license key or even
    > does i have to purchase the whole new version ?

    I tried to find answer to the same question not so long time ago.
    Results were:

    1. Veritas was not able to understand what I want.
    2. Veritas was not able to answer to this simple question

    If you'll know anything regarding this issue, please, drop me a
    line.

  3. Re: Update VM3.0 to VM3.1 licensing question

    Hi Aladdin,

    today the Licensing Hotline in Munich told me, after a few phone calls,
    this upgrade is free of all and i can use the old license key.
    I have done this upgrade and it worked fine without any problem. But
    maybe this is only true for Germany and not for the rest of the world.
    I also can't find any upgrade price in the official price list's, so i
    guess its really true.

    Best Regards

    Roland

    Aladdin wrote:
    > Roland Kastner wrote:
    >

    >>Hi to all,
    >>
    >>i have do to un update from VM3.0 to VM3.1.
    >>Is this update free of all or does i need a new license key or even
    >>does i have to purchase the whole new version ?

    > I tried to find answer to the same question not so long time ago.
    > Results were:
    >
    > 1. Veritas was not able to understand what I want.
    > 2. Veritas was not able to answer to this simple question
    >
    > If you'll know anything regarding this issue, please, drop me a
    > line.

  4. Re: Update VM3.0 to VM3.1 licensing question

    It is the same for everyone. The upgrade from VM 3.0 to VM 3.1 is free and
    the same licence key can be used.

    KM

    "Roland Kastner" wrote in message
    > Hi Aladdin,
    >
    > today the Licensing Hotline in Munich told me, after a few phone calls,
    > this upgrade is free of all and i can use the old license key.
    > I have done this upgrade and it worked fine without any problem. But
    > maybe this is only true for Germany and not for the rest of the world.
    > I also can't find any upgrade price in the official price list's, so i
    > guess its really true.
    >
    > Best Regards
    >
    > Roland
    >
    > Aladdin wrote:
    > > Roland Kastner wrote:
    > >

    > >>Hi to all,
    > >>
    > >>i have do to un update from VM3.0 to VM3.1.
    > >>Is this update free of all or does i need a new license key or even
    > >>does i have to purchase the whole new version ?

    > > I tried to find answer to the same question not so long time ago.
    > > Results were:
    > >
    > > 1. Veritas was not able to understand what I want.
    > > 2. Veritas was not able to answer to this simple question
    > >
    > > If you'll know anything regarding this issue, please, drop me a
    > > line.

+ Reply to Thread