Question regarding mirror sets in VM 3.0 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Question regarding mirror sets in VM 3.0 - Veritas Volume Manager ; So I have mirrorset which consists from two disks. I breaked mirror. Now I have two disks with separate volumes on them. So my question is: is it possible to remove one disk from dynamic group and put it let's ...

  1. Question regarding mirror sets in VM 3.0

    So I have mirrorset which consists from two disks. I breaked mirror. Now
    I have two disks with separate volumes on them. So my question is: is it
    possible to remove one disk from dynamic group and put it let's say to
    my new created dynamic group without destroing all data on it?

  2. Re: Question regarding mirror sets in VM 3.0

    Aladdin wrote:
    > So I have mirrorset which consists from two disks. I breaked mirror. Now
    > I have two disks with separate volumes on them. So my question is: is it
    > possible to remove one disk from dynamic group and put it let's say to
    > my new created dynamic group without destroing all data on it?

    You can use 'Split Diskgroup' for this. Select the disk on which the
    volume lives to be split of, enter the name for the new dynamic group,
    and you have your volume in a new dynamic group.

    Hope that helps,

    Mark

+ Reply to Thread