How to copy back a mirror to its original volume - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on How to copy back a mirror to its original volume - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have following situation. I created a mirror of volume: v1 Broke the mirror to create a new volume: v2 Now my data on v1 got corroupted, I want to copy v2's content to v1 without using Flash snap (which ...

  1. How to copy back a mirror to its original volume

    I have following situation.
    I created a mirror of volume: v1
    Broke the mirror to create a new volume: v2
    Now my data on v1 got corroupted, I want to copy v2's content to v1 without
    using Flash snap (which provides snapback functionality) or without manually
    copying data file by file.

    Thanks

  2. Re: How to copy back a mirror to its original volume

    Destroy v1, then add a mirror to v2 (specifying the disk that v1 was on).

    KM

    "Ajay Bakhshi" wrote in message

    > I have following situation.
    > I created a mirror of volume: v1
    > Broke the mirror to create a new volume: v2
    > Now my data on v1 got corroupted, I want to copy v2's content to v1

    without
    > using Flash snap (which provides snapback functionality) or without

    manually
    > copying data file by file.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread