Recovering striped volume missing disk in VM 2.5 on w2k - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Recovering striped volume missing disk in VM 2.5 on w2k - Veritas Volume Manager ; Short of upgrading to VM 3.1 has anyone been able to recover a missing disk in volume manager 2.5 in Windows 2000? The target disk is on a SAN storage unit (HP XP512) and we believe that the volume header ...

  1. Recovering striped volume missing disk in VM 2.5 on w2k

    Short of upgrading to VM 3.1 has anyone been able to recover a missing disk
    in volume manager 2.5 in Windows 2000? The target disk is on a SAN storage
    unit (HP XP512) and we believe that the volume header is munged, but the
    data is ok. The machine is a node in a two node cluster using MSCS. The
    failed volume will not move to the other node so we don't think it is a node
    specific problem.

    Thanks,
    dho

  2. Re: Recovering striped volume missing disk in VM 2.5 on w2k

    Depending on the problem there are several ways to recover missing disks (an
    upgrade to VM 3.1 is unlikely to resolve the problem, especially if there is
    corruption in the private region). You should contact VERITAS Technical
    Support for asssistance.

    KM

    "h2o" wrote in message
    > Short of upgrading to VM 3.1 has anyone been able to recover a missing

    disk
    > in volume manager 2.5 in Windows 2000? The target disk is on a SAN storage
    > unit (HP XP512) and we believe that the volume header is munged, but the
    > data is ok. The machine is a node in a two node cluster using MSCS. The
    > failed volume will not move to the other node so we don't think it is a

    node
    > specific problem.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > dho