Veritas Volume Manager 3.0 sux:( - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Veritas Volume Manager 3.0 sux:( - Veritas Volume Manager ; So I have a major problem. I have MSCS cluster (each node is in different building) and two Compaq MA8000 SAN arrays, each in different building. I have virtual disk resources from two disks (mirrored) As you all know in ...

  1. Veritas Volume Manager 3.0 sux:(

    So I have a major problem. I have MSCS cluster (each node is in
    different building) and two Compaq MA8000 SAN arrays, each in different
    building. I have virtual disk resources from two disks (mirrored) As you
    all know in this version if one of the disks is not available this
    virtual disk will not come online. But this behavior simply sux. Is it
    possible to disable this behaviour? Because if this disk is on the first
    node and if it fails with a disk array, cluster group will never come
    online on the another node THIS SUX. Is it possible to disable this
    feature. Why I can't choose and set what I want?

  2. Re: Veritas Volume Manager 3.0 sux:(

    This behaviour designed to prevent more than one node from bringing a disk
    group online, which can result in data corruption. It is there to protect
    you, not to annoy you. In fact it is possible to bring a DG online when a
    majority of disks is not available but it does require user intervention,
    again to prevent data loss. This TechNote gives more information:

    KM

    "Aladdin" wrote in message
    > So I have a major problem. I have MSCS cluster (each node is in
    > different building) and two Compaq MA8000 SAN arrays, each in different
    > building. I have virtual disk resources from two disks (mirrored) As you
    > all know in this version if one of the disks is not available this
    > virtual disk will not come online. But this behavior simply sux. Is it
    > possible to disable this behaviour? Because if this disk is on the first
    > node and if it fails with a disk array, cluster group will never come
    > online on the another node THIS SUX. Is it possible to disable this
    > feature. Why I can't choose and set what I want?

  3. Re: Veritas Volume Manager 3.0 sux:(

    Technote says that there is utility somewhere... And I know this.
    Please, try yourself to get it if you don't have support contract... As I
    saw it is impossible to get even small help from veritas if you don't have
    support contract

    KM wrote:

    > This behaviour designed to prevent more than one node from bringing a disk
    > group online, which can result in data corruption. It is there to protect
    > you, not to annoy you. In fact it is possible to bring a DG online when a
    > majority of disks is not available but it does require user intervention,
    > again to prevent data loss. This TechNote gives more information:
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/249344.htm

+ Reply to Thread