VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS "Shark" (2) - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS "Shark" (2) - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi VxVMer, AFAIK there are some limitations using VxVM + DMP on certain configurations. So my questions are: Will the configuration VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS work at all? Is this a SUPPORTED configuration from Veritas standpoint? ...

  1. VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS "Shark" (2)

    Hi VxVMer,

    AFAIK there are some limitations using VxVM + DMP on certain configurations.

    So my questions are:
    Will the configuration VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS work at all?
    Is this a SUPPORTED configuration from Veritas standpoint?
    Are there some more limitations if Win2K Advanced Server will be
    added "for addiational complexity"?

    Pls. reply to steffen.gattert@systematics.de

    Thanks a lot -sgt-
    --
    mailto:steffen.gattert@systematics.de

  2. Re: VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS "Shark" (2)

    DMP requires specific firmware and drivers as well as hardware combinations.
    Check the HCLs:

    VM 3.0
    http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists...2000_prod1_VM5
    30.htm
    VM 2.7
    http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists...2000_prod1_VM5
    27.htm

    to see if your configuration is supported. DMP is included with the
    Advanced Server version of VM but not the Server version, however I believe
    you can install Advanced Server VM on Win2k Server. Anyway, DMP works the
    same regardless of OS version.

    KM

    "Steffe Gattert" wrote in message

    > Hi VxVMer,
    >
    > AFAIK there are some limitations using VxVM + DMP on certain

    configurations.

    > So my questions are:
    > Will the configuration VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS work at all?
    > Is this a SUPPORTED configuration from Veritas standpoint?
    > Are there some more limitations if Win2K Advanced Server will be
    > added "for addiational complexity"?
    >
    > Pls. reply to steffen.gattert@systematics.de
    >
    > Thanks a lot -sgt-
    > --
    > mailto:steffen.gattert@systematics.de

  3. Re: VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS "Shark" (2)

    "Katrine MacMahon" wrote in message
    > DMP requires specific firmware and drivers as well as hardware

    combinations.
    > Check the HCLs:
    >
    > VM 3.0

    http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists...2000_prod1_VM5
    > 30.htm
    > VM 2.7

    http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists...2000_prod1_VM5
    > 27.htm
    >
    > to see if your configuration is supported. DMP is included with the
    > Advanced Server version of VM but not the Server version, however I

    believe
    > you can install Advanced Server VM on Win2k Server. Anyway, DMP works the
    > same regardless of OS version.
    >

    > KM
    >

    > "Steffe Gattert" wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hi VxVMer,
    > >
    > > AFAIK there are some limitations using VxVM + DMP on certain

    > configurations.
    > >
    > > So my questions are:
    > > Will the configuration VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS work at all?
    > > Is this a SUPPORTED configuration from Veritas standpoint?
    > > Are there some more limitations if Win2K Advanced Server will be
    > > added "for addiational complexity"?
    > >
    > > Pls. reply to steffen.gattert@systematics.de
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot -sgt-
    > > --
    > > mailto:steffen.gattert@systematics.de

  4. Re: VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS "Shark" (2)

    Including the question this time around:

    Are there any performance statistics available for VxVM on Win2K (with MSCS)
    using IBM's ESS "Shark" (F20)? We're having or anticipating some issues
    around LUN size and I/O's without using a volume manager.
    "Tom J. Todd" wrote in message

    > "Katrine MacMahon" wrote in message
    > > DMP requires specific firmware and drivers as well as hardware

    > combinations.
    > > Check the HCLs:
    > >
    > > VM 3.0

    http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists...2000_prod1_VM5
    > > 30.htm
    > > VM 2.7

    http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists...2000_prod1_VM5
    > > 27.htm
    > >
    > > to see if your configuration is supported. DMP is included with the
    > > Advanced Server version of VM but not the Server version, however I

    > believe
    > > you can install Advanced Server VM on Win2k Server. Anyway, DMP works

    the
    > > same regardless of OS version.
    > >

    > > KM
    > >

    > > "Steffe Gattert" wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Hi VxVMer,
    > > >
    > > > AFAIK there are some limitations using VxVM + DMP on certain

    > > configurations.
    > > >
    > > > So my questions are:
    > > > Will the configuration VxVM on Win2K + DMP + IBM ESS work at all?
    > > > Is this a SUPPORTED configuration from Veritas standpoint?
    > > > Are there some more limitations if Win2K Advanced Server will be
    > > > added "for addiational complexity"?
    > > >
    > > > Pls. reply to steffen.gattert@systematics.de
    > > >
    > > > Thanks a lot -sgt-
    > > > --