Does volunme manger work woth both NT and 2000 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Does volunme manger work woth both NT and 2000 - Veritas Volume Manager ; I am in the process of doing a window 2k upgrade. In order to get some of my servers ready I need to change some system partition/volume sizes on Hardware Raid 5 devices. Q1. does Volume Manager do those things ...

  1. Does volunme manger work woth both NT and 2000

    I am in the process of doing a window 2k upgrade. In order to get some
    of my servers ready I need to change some system partition/volume sizes
    on Hardware Raid 5 devices.

    Q1. does Volume Manager do those things well.
    Q2. After I upgrade those servers to win2k can I still run the same VM
    software or do I need to get another license and/or software package. I
    ask only because it looks like NT and 2000 are separate pieces of
    software.

    TIA

  2. Re: Does volunme manger work woth both NT and 2000

    Hi

    Q1. It depends on what you mean by do those things well...

    Q2. It's a separate VM product for Win2000 and if you want to have the
    newest

    version VM 2.7 they have changed the licensing. Before it depends on how
    many cpu you got,

    now it depends on if it's Win 2000 or Win 2000 (advanced).

    Hope you got some fact...Micke

    "ej" wrote in message
    news:MPG.15e57e7e7ac5bdeb989680@news.support.verit as.com...
    > I am in the process of doing a window 2k upgrade. In order to get some
    > of my servers ready I need to change some system partition/volume sizes
    > on Hardware Raid 5 devices.
    >
    > Q1. does Volume Manager do those things well.
    > Q2. After I upgrade those servers to win2k can I still run the same VM
    > software or do I need to get another license and/or software package. I
    > ask only because it looks like NT and 2000 are separate pieces of
    > software.
    >
    > TIA

+ Reply to Thread