Decrease volume - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Decrease volume - Veritas Volume Manager ; Should I add some text as well...? Anyone that has an idea how to decrease the size of the volumes in Volume Manager? I have a customer who is looking at this possibility without deleting volumes first....

  1. Decrease volume

    Should I add some text as well...?
    Anyone that has an idea how to decrease the size of the volumes in Volume
    Manager? I have a customer who is looking at this possibility without deleting
    volumes first.

  2. Re: Decrease volume

    The volume cannot be decreased because of they way NTFS works. You can decrease
    the volume with VM for Unix only because Veritas Filesystem has been installed..

    looks like you would have to use a third party product like Partition Magic
    or Server Magic

    "Magnus Kaltea" wrote:

    >Should I add some text as well...?
    >Anyone that has an idea how to decrease the size of the volumes in Volume
    >Manager? I have a customer who is looking at this possibility without deleting
    >volumes first.

+ Reply to Thread