growing a disk device - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on growing a disk device - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hello, I have Volume Manager 4.1 and solaris 10, the data disks reside in an external storage, and I would like to expand the size of several luns (storage level). The volume mangaer sees these luns as a disks on ...

  1. growing a disk device

    Hello,

    I have Volume Manager 4.1 and solaris 10, the data disks reside in an external
    storage, and I would like to expand the size of several luns (storage level).
    The volume mangaer sees these luns as a disks on a dg.
    Is possible for VxVm to recognize the new size of a disk, preserving the
    data.??

  2. Re: growing a disk device

    see the man page for "vxdisk" and then search for "resize"

    osvaldo wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have Volume Manager 4.1 and solaris 10, the data disks reside in an external
    > storage, and I would like to expand the size of several luns (storage level).
    > The volume mangaer sees these luns as a disks on a dg.
    > Is possible for VxVm to recognize the new size of a disk, preserving the
    > data.??

  3. Re: growing a disk device

    Yes, you are right........I had searched in the SF documentation, but it is
    very clear using the man.

    Sorry for disturbing wiith this question.

    best regards to all

    Me wrote:
    >see the man page for "vxdisk" and then search for "resize"
    >
    >osvaldo wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have Volume Manager 4.1 and solaris 10, the data disks reside in an

    external
    >> storage, and I would like to expand the size of several luns (storage

    level).
    >> The volume mangaer sees these luns as a disks on a dg.
    >> Is possible for VxVm to recognize the new size of a disk, preserving the
    >> data.??

+ Reply to Thread