VxVM Demo License removal - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VxVM Demo License removal - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi! I have been using multiple demo license for VxVM 4.1 for Solaris on a test server and now have installed a purchased license.However when I use vxlicrep to list the license it shows all the demo licenses first and ...

  1. VxVM Demo License removal

    Hi!

    I have been using multiple demo license for VxVM 4.1 for Solaris on a test
    server and now have installed a purchased license.However when I use vxlicrep
    to list the license it shows all the demo licenses first and then the valid
    permanent license. How can I remove all the demo license so it shows just
    the permanent license?

  2. Re: VxVM Demo License removal

    Veritas products will always look for a valid license. So it does not
    matter if there are some demo (or expired) licenses.

    If you don't like the output, then do "vxlicrep"

    Find the demo keys (something like XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX)
    go to /etc/vx/licenses/lic and in there you will find file with the
    name the same as the key. Remove this file.

    This will remove it from the display but there is still a license
    database that contains the old keys. The database can notr be cleared or
    removed.

    Vikram Luke wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have been using multiple demo license for VxVM 4.1 for Solaris on a test
    > server and now have installed a purchased license.However when I use vxlicrep
    > to list the license it shows all the demo licenses first and then the valid
    > permanent license. How can I remove all the demo license so it shows just
    > the permanent license?

+ Reply to Thread