vxdisk list shows disk online invalid - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxdisk list shows disk online invalid - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi All, we are having 4 Volumes mapped from Hitachi Storage.& all volumes in Veritas Control showing as online invalid Any one can help? -- rajlalit ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rajlalit's Profile: http://unixadmintalk.com/1260 View this thread: http://unixadmintalk.com/showthread.php?t=264763...

  1. vxdisk list shows disk online invalid

    --
    rajlalit
    rajlalit's Profile: http://unixadmintalk.com/1260
    View this thread: http://unixadmintalk.com/showthread.php?t=264763

  2. Re: vxdisk list shows disk online invalid

    online = Volume Manager can see the disk
    invalid = Volume Manager does not control the disk

    vxdiskadm --> option 1

    or

    vxdisksetup

    rajlalit wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > we are having 4 Volumes mapped from Hitachi Storage.& all volumes in
    > Veritas Control showing as
    >
    > online invalid
    >

    > Any one can help?

  3. Re: vxdisk list shows disk online invalid

    I could be wrong, but all that means is that the disk is not under
    Veritas control . If you want it to be under veritas control, you must label
    the disk. Then veritas can see it.

    rajlalit wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >we are having 4 Volumes mapped from Hitachi Storage.& all volumes in
    >Veritas Control showing as
    >
    >online invalid
    >

    >Any one can help?
    >

    >--
    >rajlalit
    >rajlalit's Profile: http://unixadmintalk.com/1260
    >View this thread: http://unixadmintalk.com/showthread.php?t=264763

  4. Re: vxdisk list shows disk online invalid

    Rajlalit,

    You need to bring those disk form OS control to Veritas control, before that you need to format those disks and label those.

    Once those disks are labled, then you can use the below command.

    vxdisksetup -i
    Now you can see the, hope it will show online (nothing but those are in VxVM control)

    QUOTE=rajlalit;1393964]Hi All,

    we are having 4 Volumes mapped from Hitachi Storage.& all volumes in
    Veritas Control showing as

    online invalid

    Any one can help?

    --
    rajlalit
    rajlalit's Profile: http://unixadmintalk.com/1260
    View this thread: http://unixadmintalk.com/showthread.php?t=264763[/QUOTE]

  5. Re: vxdisk list shows disk online invalid

    that is not in veritas control
    /etc/vx/bin/vxdisksetup -I diskname
    or
    /usr/lib/vxvm/bin/vxdisksetup -I diskname

    is not come to the online
    vxdctl disable
    vxdctl enable after use above same commands

  6. Wink Re: vxdisk list shows disk online invalid

    If the disk shows online invalid, it means the disk are not brought up under the volume manager.

    Peform the below command to bring it under veritas volume manager control.

    #vxdisksetup -i

    if there is no diskgroup, then it must be created with the following commands.

    #vxdg -g init

    .

+ Reply to Thread